• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Partisans and Wired Bridges
11-06-2009, 02:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2009, 02:20 AM by Sgt Fury.)
Partisans and Wired Bridges
Hi All,

Is there a setting in the oob or pdt I can make to prevent partisan units from triggering wired bridge distruction? Or does this need to be done in the .exe? I am asking with respect to the Minsk 44 game, if it matters.

Thanks,
Fury
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2009, 08:50 AM,
RE: Partisans and Wired Bridges
Actually - watch this space because that rule ( wired bridges ) is a pain - works against the Germans

Do you belive thet the German army had the capacity to wire every bridge on the map - no one should its fantasy

My new revamped Minsk campaign ( after playing the full blown thing to the last turn ) is nearly ready.
11-06-2009, 10:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2009, 10:24 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
cavalry corps Wrote:Do you belive thet the German army had the capacity to wire every bridge on the map - no one should its fantasy

I don't think *everyone* is wired - and in any case it is a die roll that controls which ones get blown - so one could consider any bridge that doesn't blow as unwired.

Consider too - if less bridges were wired you would bet people would look at this and plan to thread their way through the known locations where the bridges won't blow. The way I have it in the game now makes it uncertain where the Russians will have a bridge and where they won't. Sometimes the bridges are triggered blown by partisans which could equally be the partisans blowing the bridges - they do those sorts of things.

So consider the bridge distruction not always as the Germans blowing it and should the bidge not bow, then that isn't so much a fail detonatin rather, maybe it is a bridge that isn't wired. Put another way - consider the effect and not the literal event that is happening.

Glenn
Send this user an email
11-06-2009, 04:53 PM,
But to get back to my question, should I gather that there is no way to keep the wired bridges feature on, yet disallow the partisans from triggering the effect?

Fury
11-06-2009, 05:14 PM,
I think that is the case Fury. Partisan units in M44 are like any other combat unit in this respect. I do not think there is a flag to differentiate partisans from the rest of the Russian forces.

Guard your bridges. And yes, that does cause the German commander a worry about which bridges to guard. An Axis player can not afford to guard them all. Who said sitting in the command position should be easy with partisan burrs in the saddle? Big Grin

Of course, hunting partisans is a far better way to go than static bridge guards everywhere. There are creative ways to track these pesky Russian annoyances. Once cornered, they can not stand up well in a fire fight. If used in deception mode, they are unable to trigger a bridge demolition.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-10-2009, 05:22 AM,
I believe John has the program open for the next title these days. I would like to request the change to disallow partisans from triggering wired bridge destruction. I believe it is in the spirit of other changes, for example, partisan units cannot cut rail lines.

Please cut and paste the following code into the bridge triggering test:

&& !unit->IsPartisan()

Thanks! :smoke:
Fury