• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS ACW question - no entry Al
04-01-2009, 05:57 AM,
HPS ACW question - no entry Al
I'm playing Beaver Dam Creek as the CSA, it's one of my first games so i've made a bit of a mess of the river crossing, as you can see one of my leading Batteries came under fire while crossing the bridge and as a result is now uncrewed and is blocking the bridge.

[Image: ACW.jpg]

My question is can i recrew it? I know that you can recrew arty but when i try it says i cant enter a water hex which i'm assuming is because the bridge is blocked. Is there no way to get another unit onto the bridge to recrew?

Thanks in advance for any help.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2009, 06:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2009, 07:04 AM by mntineer.)
RE: HPS ACW question - no entry Al
Fubar -

You should be able to recrew, but the game does make a distinction between regular and horse artillery. Regular arty is recrewed by infantry; horse artillery by cavalry.

I'm not sure what you have, but you may want to double check the type of artillery you're recrewing. Also, recrewing is a manual function, and there's an option in the Command Menu to do so.

About the bridge -- this where your predictament gets a little hairy. As long as the hex can sustain unit size, you should be able to stack on the arty unit and recrew (according to the screen shot, you can). You may want to try recrew using a smaller unit (maybe 50-100 men if you have it) and see if that works.

Past that, I'm in the dark! Hope this little bit helps.

Fubar Wrote:My question is can i recrew it? I know that you can recrew arty but when i try it says i cant enter a water hex which i'm assuming is because the bridge is blocked. Is there no way to get another unit onto the bridge to recrew?

Thanks in advance for any help.

cheers
04-01-2009, 07:24 AM,
RE: HPS ACW question - no entry Al
Many thanks for the help mntineer, it's a regular arty unit so i was using normal infantry to try and recrew. I shall have a look see for a smaller unit to try and enter the bridge hex with.....i'm just lucky there are two bridges otherwise that whole attack would have come to a stop. Eek

I have to say that despite the mess i've gotten myself into i'm enjoying the game immensely. Big Grin

Thanks again. :bow:

cheers