• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Try new things
10-26-2006, 08:48 AM,
Try new things
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2006, 10:40 AM,
RE: Try new things
Did you guys have to get a prenuptial with that game?
10-26-2006, 03:05 PM,
Posted by 95Bravo(FGM) - Today 12:40 AM
Did you guys have to get a prenuptial with that game?

No, but we did get signed documents saying we were in fact sane for taking on such an undertaking.....;)

Yep....it (Watch on the Rhine) is finally drawing to a close. Its been a pretty terrific operation really with the SS and fallshirmjager swarming through Stoumont and its outer reaches in Dec 44. Initially its looks like literally nothing can stop the germans over-running location after location but gradually bazooka armed US squads and hidden AT-guns take their toll. Yank reinforcements gradually filter in over time in such numbers that eventually even overwhelm the deadly Panthers. As Geordie mentioned this is a 1st-rate scenario for those hard-core gamers with patience and a dedicated opponent.

- falco. cheers
10-26-2006, 08:58 PM,
I love OPs. Is this battle in CMBO or CMAK.
10-26-2006, 10:28 PM,
CMAK Mate.

The file is over at the proving grounds, but for a short time I will leave it up here.

.zip   B&T Wacht am Rhein.zip (Size: 85.2 KB / Downloads: 8)
10-27-2006, 12:42 AM,
This op is big, but by no means the biggest. There is another Op Pied Peiper that has the whole WOTR map incorpareted in it and then some. WOTR looks like a byte battle compared to this.

Then there is the Cmak version of Blunt und hre which is also alot bigger and also the gigantic CMBB OP To the Volga.

As far as big ops go WOTR is for girls;)
10-27-2006, 01:33 AM,
Yeah we are battling through Blunt und Ehre at the minute arent we,... well your battling and I tend to be running away screaming.

Bootie
10-27-2006, 02:58 AM,
RE:��Try new things
10-27-2006, 03:10 AM,
Geordie Wrote:
Fullhouse Wrote:This op is big, but by no means the biggest. There is another Op Pied Peiper that has the whole WOTR map incorpareted in it and then some. WOTR looks like a byte battle compared to this.

Then there is the Cmak version of Blunt und hre which is also alot bigger and also the gigantic CMBB OP To the Volga.

As far as big ops go WOTR is for girls;)

I'm not sure I could stand a bigger game than this one. I am currently playing the CMAK Op 'Bluht und Ehre' against Smashing, we are also simultaneously playing the CMAK OP "D Day the Race for Caen".

In my opinion the second one has been much better than the first. I think the first one just devolves into running around the map looking for each other for 15 turns and then a five turn battle. SO far there have been few battles apart from the first that werent like this.

For huge scenarios, try the 100 turn "My God What an opportunity", this one has everything but the kitchen sink. Finally managed to turn 92 the other day, its bigger than a lot of Ops!

Cheers

I know what you mean, Bootie tried to move a massive lump of Tanks down one side of the map during the night phase (he is allies), luckily I know he is a gamey bastiche so had made provisions for this eventuality.

One thing I am not sure of, is how thw advance algorathim works. As axis I need to advnace as far as possible and killing bacon is a secondary consideration. I am not sure how much it affects my advance if he manouvres elements into my rear, yet I move the majority of my forces to the far edge. Can you shed any light on this?

You should also look at the pied pieper map. It is a static op about x4-6 times bigger than the WOTR map and as I said the wotr map is literaly reproduced within it. You have to fight the battles in PPs advance that took place befor WOTR.
10-27-2006, 03:21 AM,
Well our map has hardly moved in 3 battles. He keeps ending up on my side and me on his, then its the old work out from the set up zone where he will actually set up!