• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What ACW title is played the most on pbem after Gettysburg?
03-31-2015, 01:57 PM,
What ACW title is played the most on pbem after Gettysburg?
Hi Everyone,

Ive got SB ToD and FWW and would really like to get a ACW title...but which one?

My question is what ACW title is played the most on pbem after Gettysburg...

Ive been thinking of getting Antietam, Peninsula or Overland. Ive got Gettysburg on Scourge of War...actually Antietam too. I just like the slower pace of JT`s titles in my older years lol.

Cheers.
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2015, 12:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-02-2015, 12:38 AM by Compass Rose.)
RE: What ACW title is played the most on pbem after Gettysburg?
You are more than welcome to scan through the scenario listings of each title to get a feel as to what is more popular and what is less popular, based on reported games however, keep in mind that a few years ago, we hosted a Gettysburg tournament, (since that is one of the most popular titles) so you will find the Gettysburg title having many more reported games against it, when compared to other titles.

Also, a game like Corinth have been out for many years. Overland on the other hand, was just released a few years ago, so you will see alot more games of Corinth being reported, compared to the current total number of Overland games being reported.

Every ACW title has small, medium, and large sized scenarios.

Some scenarios have the Rebs attacking with the Union on the defensive, some scenarios have the Rebs defending and the Union on the attack, and other scenarios are designed as meeting engagements in which both sides have no predefined lines and the battle can take place almost anywhere the two opposing armies happen to "meet".

I know you stated previously that you already own a Gettysburg title from another game series however, the HPS/JTS Gettysburg has a free add-on in which they advertise as being an extra 20,000 scenarios.

This add-on can be found here:https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=61609

It is normal for us to always suggest to people who are brand new to the series to purchase a title that they enjoy as it will make the learning curve more enjoyable and not get hung up in "which title is everyone playing the most".

You shouldn't have any problem finding an opponent, no matter which title you choose. Smile
04-02-2015, 04:05 AM,
I checked that and here's a list ordered by the number of reported games:
Gettysburg 299
Corinth 83
Ozark 73
Peninsula 73
Shiloh 62
Antietam 46
Franklin 38
Chickamauga 35
Atlanta 17
Vicksburg 16
Chancellorsville 10

Overland hasn't reported any games till now.

Besides looking at the reported games I would suggest looking at the titles and see if there is anything that you're interested in.
04-02-2015, 11:40 PM,
Thanks for the tips..
The trouble is I'm interested in all the campaigns lol....Might be able to get hold of Antietam / Peninsular ( Sure favorites ) but also considering Overland purely that its the latest title...but I guess there really isn't any difference.

So its looking like I`ll go for Antietam or Pennisular

Cheers