• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rules preference
06-18-2013, 06:01 PM,
RE: Rules preference
(06-18-2013, 03:55 PM)Wolf Petr Wrote: For me will be best combination of the both thing. I mean if engineer succeed blow-up bridge => then they set up wired status on the bridge. This give small chance to save some bridge as happend in history time to time.
Actually not a bad idea...
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2013, 06:47 PM,
No matter how many enginers enemy have. Some bridge could be save!
It could bring more free space for scn. designers. They could set some bridge wired some not (for more balace scn.) as now, but with more possibility. Wink
06-21-2013, 06:27 PM,
Sorry for not responding my own topic for over a week guys, had some bussy time. So, really not a bad idea Petr!Helmet Wink

When we are speaking about those bridges, I got one question and again don´t feel like looking for the answer in manual. I mean, I like reading manuals from wargames but only from time to time.

I also created a document some time ago (maybe year) and wrote everything necessary regarding every rule and so, if somebody is interested I can pass it to him, just let me know. It´s in Word document. I didn´t see it for a while though so I hope it´s up to date.

So, back to my question - once the bridge over a river is out, and we´re using the Virtual Trucks supply mode, the path for those trucks is closed right? I´m not sure if I remember it correctly, but building a bridge over the river with your engineers doesn´t help - I mean, virtual trucks don´t use this as their path, so it´s not taken into account when calculating the supply path to your units over this river?

Thanks for your answers and replies guys!
06-22-2013, 05:26 AM,
How about in two games in which bridges are really important? What do you prefer in Bulge '44 and Market Garden?
06-22-2013, 08:49 AM,
Fhil - any route that allows movement of a motorized unit will also allow supply to be traced by VST. It may even work in foot passable only, I don't recall. So an engineer bridge that you build works fine for VST, anyway.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
06-22-2013, 05:15 PM,
Thanks Ricky, I don´t know why I remembered reading opposite info somewhere.

Bulge and Market Garden - Well, it´been a looong time since I played Market Garden, so can´t recall it that well, but currently I´m playing Bulge against a skillful Axis commander, and we´re not using wired bridges in there, is it even designed to be used with that rule?

I´m trying to blow up every important bridge and while it´s not such a problem in the southern part of the front, given you have time and your engineer unit is in a good shape, it´s more difficult in the north due to enemy´s deception units. They stopped my attempts of destroying some bridges few times, although I managed to destroy them in the last moment with enemy units on the other side of the bridge.

So for this game, playing without wired bridges is probably funnier due to enemy´s deception units, as it gives the game a special unique element.
I know this sometimes happens in the East with partisan units arround, I mean, sometimes the attempt ends unsuccessfully due to enemy partisan unit somewhere nearby right?

So which games have the Wired bridges rule ´´by default´´ - they are designed to be played with this rule?

I´m aware of following - France ´40, Minsk ´44, Market Garden..
Maybe I´m wrong, but this is was I remember from my experience.