• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mod BMP number
04-20-2009, 03:56 AM,
RE: Mod BMP number
Here is a wav question!

I have modified my sounds. The tank fire sounds fantastic, but for some reason the infantry small arms fire - rifles, smgs and machineguns, are making NO SOUND! I can play them in windows player, but in the game they do not answer. What have I done?

Mac
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2009, 04:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-22-2009, 04:27 AM by Fubar.)
Schwerpunkt Wrote:Here is a wav question!

I have modified my sounds. The tank fire sounds fantastic, but for some reason the infantry small arms fire - rifles, smgs and machineguns, are making NO SOUND! I can play them in windows player, but in the game they do not answer. What have I done?

Mac

What sound effects are you trying to use? Did you get them from CMMODS or CMHQ, if so what mods are you using?

The major causes for sound effects not to work for me have been the files not having the correct file name, being saved in the wrong format (you need .wav files but some mod makers use mp3 to save on space so you'll need to convert them before using them) and the audio file being too long which seems to cause problems with the game and getting stuck in an audio loop.

If these are not the problems try posting one of the files and seeing if others have the same trouble with it.

I have changed nearly every audio file now and it certainly makes the game more realistic.

Good luck.

TTFN cheers
04-22-2009, 05:45 AM,
Yeah, the tank gun and 20mm auto fire is way cool.

If you fix the small arms, then send me those files please.

Anything on sound for mortars, arty and such?
04-22-2009, 06:55 AM,
There are some lovely incomming arty sounds, hearing the whistle of different sized calibre arty is just too cool.....unless your under it ofc. Big Grin

cheers
04-22-2009, 09:07 AM,
Thanks Fubar!

I had not decoded the mp3 to wav. One modder at CMMODs had a small program filed with the sounds.

I have another question. Do the wav have to be in correct order in the file to work properly?

How about sending me some incoming arty and explosions? I have a nice MG34, but the MG42 did not sound as good.

Thanks again!

Mark
04-22-2009, 09:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-22-2009, 09:54 AM by Fubar.)
I'm assuming your using a mod installer program like McMMM to add your mods into the game, if so then no it makes no difference what order the files are listed in the folder as the program will just replace the files with the mod in one go.

I'll see what sounds i can find, i did make up a small zip of arty sounds for Bootie a while ago now and it may still be on my HDD somewhere. I'll also see what explosion sound effects i have, as you prolly know arty sounds and explosions are separate .wav files.

Have fun modding.

P.S. Have you heard the hand to hand combat sounds taken from the film SPR? If not give them a try as they are great.

cheers
04-25-2009, 08:19 PM,
Hi Mark

Watch out incoming..... ;)

Hope you like them.

TTFN Matt