• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CM topics needed
04-05-2008, 11:17 PM,
CM topics needed
Since this is a CM forum, it'd be nice to see CM topics posted here rather than personal issues of several members and Forum politics.Fiery:angry::mad::eek1::hissy:

As it appears as this time, these forums have become a current events central station and ruinous to the CM community.:stir:

If there is no desire to continue with CM wargaming related topics, then we really don't need these forums do we? :soap:

Actually that's a grand idea, I close these forums up and I don't have to Mod them anymore and this all goes away! :whis:

What would we miss? think about it... :chin:
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-05-2008, 11:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-05-2008, 11:24 PM by Fullhouse.)
RE: CM topics needed
Quote:Actually that's a grand idea, I close these forums up and I don't have to Mod them anymore and this all goes away! Whis

What would we miss? think about it.

Or you could perhaps stop moderating them but leave them open so no one has to miss anything, and at the same time massively decrease the possibility that non cm posts will be made on a semi-regular basis. Which imo is a consequence of actions emerging from the moderators office.

Why do you have to close them?

If I cant mod then there can be no forum. Is that the the official position of the moderator?

The moderator makes a highly inflammatory post then wonder why there are so many flames.
04-05-2008, 11:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-05-2008, 11:47 PM by RedDevil.)
there has to be a moderator to keep things in order

are you ready to volunteer for the mod position? or do you just wanna have say in everything that happens because you think this is your "contribution"?

I gotta laugh at the desire to tell me how to do my job when no one wants to do it.

Hell everyone else is friggin making inflammatory posts, why can't I now?

you all want a free for all but I'm not allowed to join in.. how fair is that?

Now how about you finding some Cm topics to post about instead of bringing your drib drab over onto my thread as well.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-06-2008, 12:10 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:there has to be a moderator to keep things in order

are you ready to volunteer for the mod position? or do you just wanna have say in everything that happens because you think this is your "contribution"?

I gotta laugh at the desire to tell me how to do my job when no one wants to do it.

Now how about you finding some Cm topics to post about instead of bringing your drib drab over onto my thread as well.

I volunteer for CM ladder custodian.

I was asked by Paul Sinatra two years ago to do it.

Cheers!

Leto
04-06-2008, 12:12 AM,
Welcome back to the forums pete. You've been missed
04-06-2008, 12:23 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: CM topics needed
And LETO is back on the forum after many month of absence !
At least, those recent events have led to one positive thing :)

Welcome back on the place, Pete.

cheers.
jawsconan
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
04-06-2008, 12:27 AM,
[hirr Wrote:Leto]
RedDevil Wrote:there has to be a moderator to keep things in order

I volunteer for CM ladder custodian.

I was asked by Paul Sinatra two years ago to do it.

Cheers!

Leto

My how times have changed and now you're wanting to do something you didn't have the energy or desire to do before? That's great!
I'll put you on the list of prospective candidates for CM, however there are no open custodian positions at this time.

We are considering a new CM assistant moderator however, so if you're interested in that be sure to sign up for it as well.
04-06-2008, 12:33 AM,
Quote:Hell everyone else is friggin making inflammatory posts, why can't I now?

The only person making inflammatory posts is POS e.g. calling people dicks other posts have for the most part attempted to discuss things in a balanced way.

Also you are the moderator, with power come responsibility, one of those responsibilities is to remain above the fray.

Let me spell it out clearly:

Attempting to stop drama by threatening to close forum

[ ] Not dramatic
[X] Highly dramatic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[ ] Computes
[X] Does not compute

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[ ] Means achieves the ends
[X] Means contradicts the ends

---------------------------------------------------------------------

[ ] Not consistent with Moderators past actions.
[X] Consistent with the Moderators past actions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
04-06-2008, 12:36 AM,
I nominate Leto for the position of 'Entertainments Officer' to moderate a small sub-forum where we can post amusing bits and pieces (vids, pics,cartoons, jokes etc) that we come across on the net..:)
04-06-2008, 12:42 AM,
Ok look, I'm going to say this these forums are for CM and wargaming discussions. Off topics are welcomed until they become repetitive and disruptive in nature. this thread qualifies and is being shut down.

any other threads will also be shut down now
3 days of round the circling wagons without making progress is wasting everyone's time and patience. you guys can find other places to discuss your war plans, but not here on the blitz

Any further detractions will be viewed as disruptive and you'll be sitting on the outside looking in.