• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ferries?
02-28-2008, 09:48 PM,
Ferries?
I searched ferries in the help file, but couldn't find the answer to this question. In Stalingrad a lot of the ferries across full hex rivers are designated as 10% in the info box. What does this mean?
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2008, 10:29 PM,
RE: Ferries?
That's a POSITIVE target defense modifier for fire attacks. Usually you see a negative number:
Broken -10%
Village -20%
Forest -20%

Ferries (and 1 hex bridges) provide little cover so fire attacks are more effective.

Also, FWIW, you cannot damage one hex ferries nor are they wired.

Hope that helps,
Bob
02-28-2008, 10:56 PM,
oh Violin

I was thinking something a lot more cryptic and mysterious.

Sheesh
02-29-2008, 07:47 AM,
FWIW - this is documented in the HELP under Hex Area Info:

"The Terrain Box at the end of the unit list displays information about the current Hot Spot hex. The first line of the display describes the type of terrain (in this case Clear) and the percentage benefit a unit will receive when fired upon by virtue of that terrain. "

I started looking under the USER file. Here there is a section called "The Interface". This has a small paragraph on

The Menu bar
The Toolbar
The Map
Hex Info Area
and Status Bar

In each of these section there is a link to the Main Program Help for the Hex Info Area is says:

"On the left side of the screen is the Hex Info Area (the location of the Hex Info Area can be changed from the Settings Menu). As you click in a hex on the map containing units, the specific info about the units in that hex is displayed in this area. When there are more units in the Hot Spot hex than can be displayed in the available Unit Boxes, then scroll arrows that appear after the list of units can be used to scroll the Unit Boxes. The Hex Info Area also contains information about the terrain in that hex. More information on the units and terrain can be viewed by pressing and holding the right mouse button in the Hex Info Area. For more information, see the Hex Info Area in the Main Program Help File."

...and under the the MAIN PROGRAM Help you will find lots of things covered.

Glenn
Send this user an email
02-29-2008, 10:19 AM,
Glenn.....I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I was thinking it had something to do with some sort of movement penalty or something stupid like that. Didn't think to look under the hex area section.

Like I said....

Sheesh....

8^)
02-29-2008, 11:52 AM,
Jim Wrote:Glenn.....I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I was thinking it had something to do with some sort of movement penalty or something stupid like that. Didn't think to look under the hex area section.

Like I said....

Sheesh....

8^)

Hey - no worries Jim!

A lot of other guys read these posts too and I figured I would provide the additional input so they too would know what was being talked about and where to go in the DOC.

Writing DOcs is a very challenging thing to do because you try to cover everything and make sure it is all in the doc. So when I see a question I try to figure out where the answer is in the docs, not just what the answer is.

Glenn
Send this user an email