• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMAK : Flak VS planes
11-14-2007, 06:16 AM,
CMAK : Flak VS planes
Hi,

I wonder what does happen to a plane when a flak fires at it (red line of fire and effective firing) in CMAK.
I noticed that the plane doesn't drop its bombs as it is targeted and is fired.
But can the Flak destroy it definitely ?
In a current scen, my Wilberwind fired on a big bomber a few turn ago. Since this action, the plane has not appear again.
Is it destroyed ?

Cheers.
Hubert
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2007, 06:20 AM,
RE: CMAK : Flak VS planes
Flak will cause planes to miss their targets and they can be shot down. To find out, simple look at the Flak guns stats and kills and it will be listed there if the plane was downed.

Always a good idea to buy a few AAA guns in case the opponent buys air and you can use them against ground targets too.
11-14-2007, 06:21 AM,
The plane is probably just scared away....
11-14-2007, 09:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2007, 09:49 AM by wigam.)
Quote:To find out, simple look at the Flak guns stats and kills and it will be listed there if the plane was downed.

how does one find the stats for a particular unit?:conf:
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
11-14-2007, 10:10 AM,
wigam Wrote:
Quote:To find out, simple look at the Flak guns stats and kills and it will be listed there if the plane was downed.

how does one find the stats for a particular unit?:conf:
Select the unit and hit Enter :)
Send this user an email
11-14-2007, 10:24 AM,
Planes definetly can be killed.What should be remembered is that you'll need something better than those 20mm poof guns,if you want to kill :) The only way you can find out if you killed it,is at the end of the game when the number of destroyed aircraft is displayed.It is said you can notice-if you pay enough attention-the explosion of the plane.I for one never did Big Grin Also,i didn't noticed for the killed planes-if any-to show up on the units stats. page during the game.In any case it is quite difficult to kill a plane.I think i saw about 4-5 destroyed planes in my entire CM career :smoke: It's much easier to just scare them away.From my knowledge a plane WILL drop it's bombs/rockets no matter how much AA fire it encounters.Unless it's destroyed of course.AA matters though,on the number of strafing passes a plane will do.The more AA you have the less chances to see that pesky plane that just killed half your army doing anothoer pass.As a general rule i never forget to buy some 20/25 mm guns when there's the slightest chance to see a plane flying above my head.Or-better- a 20mm quad if i'm playing with the jerries.Even if there won't be any planes around,those annoying little things will cause some headaches to your opponent.They're stealthy,they have a high ROF and in some circumstances-like i painfully found out-can be your best AT weapon against those big armored beast your opponent is throwing against you.
Send this user an email
11-14-2007, 10:52 AM,
Check out the tactical discussion message board under "taking flak". there are a lot of useful tidbits.