• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Maximizing Mortar effectiveness
01-25-2007, 04:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2007, 04:42 PM by Colonel Talvela.)
Maximizing Mortar effectiveness
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2007, 04:40 PM,
RE: Maximizing Mortar effectiveness
One thing that you do have to think about is where the enemy will drop artillery, HE or mortars on front line squads. You want to keep your mortars away from those areas. Also, you really have to be careful about moving mortars in terrain where they can be spotted. I will never forget one of my early games against JSDU where he spotted a 3 in mortar in woods from over 100m - cost me the game.
01-25-2007, 05:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2007, 05:22 PM by 10th Mnt Div jdsu.)
Erm...send me the movie file. Perhaps I can relive that momment.

Perhaps, I'll even hear your Scream of Anguish.

BTW 18 units in that lil patch of woods? I wonder how much firepower that would be. But I know you would have taken the easy way out and used your morturs to pin/panic them first instead of just rushing men in.

Comon, the next best thing to assaulting a 150mm inf gun has to be assaulting a whole pack of smg squads.

To get back to your topic - I also prefer my mortur teams to stay close to the front lines. And I try not to use them until they are very close to their
minimum range effectiveness. It's rare I'll use the mortur teams on overwatch.

However, if I get a mortur HT or a 3'' mortur unit - they will stay in the rear and pummel from afar.

01-25-2007, 05:19 PM,
RE:��Maximizing Mortar effectiveness
01-25-2007, 05:24 PM,
aha, I see you just posted.

::Waves::

We'll meet again on the battlefield. Hopefully TCP too !

01-25-2007, 05:26 PM,
RE:��Maximizing Mortar effectiveness
01-26-2007, 04:19 AM,
RE: ��Maximizing Mortar effectiveness

I am pretty sure that was back in the teamspeak days when we played tcp/ip.

[/quote]

I am trying to see who would be interested in having a TS channel. I would pay for it if there was enough interest.
01-26-2007, 04:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2007, 04:35 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
I am interested - but I still have very limited CM time probably until mid summer.

but those were some fun, fun times.
01-26-2007, 04:36 AM,
Well it's not like I have much time, but I could use it to talk to my family for free too, although there are other ways for that. I just think it would be good to have.