• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modern Campaign Question
08-06-2010, 03:41 AM,
Modern Campaign Question
I was wondering if engineering units with the bridging capablity are able to build bridges across anti tank ditches? Playing the NG'85 large campaign that includes Berlin and has lots of these ditches. Trying to figure things out.

Also what is the advantage of using chemicals and/or artillery mines?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2010, 04:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2010, 04:27 AM by Nitram Draw.)
RE: Modern Campaign Question
(08-06-2010, 03:41 AM)rekm45 Wrote: I was wondering if engineering units with the bridging capablity are able to build bridges across anti tank ditches? Playing the NG'85 large campaign that includes Berlin and has lots of these ditches. Trying to figure things out.

Also what is the advantage of using chemicals and/or artillery mines?

Thanks

I'm not sure if you can bridge them but you can destroy the ditches with your engineers. Attack it like you do when you want to blow a bridge, under the Engineering menu. Once it is blown you can move right across it.
Chemical atacks vary depending on the type. The rules give the effects. One type is nastier than the other but I can't remember which.
Artillery mines let you shoot a level 1 minefield into a hex with your ranged artillery, it may be behind enemy lines to slow movement of reinforcements or it may be in front of your lines to slow up an attack. They are more of an annoyance than anything but occasionally the come in handy.
08-06-2010, 04:33 AM,
Thanks for your help. Should have realized about the Arty mines. LOL.
08-06-2010, 02:29 PM,
They can also be used to temporarily isolate a unit. Good for assaults etc.
08-06-2010, 07:21 PM,
That is a good one as well. thanks