• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FoF question
09-14-2008, 02:11 AM,
FoF question
I have downloaded the latest 1.10.10 patch from the Matrix website, is this the most current or is there another that i need?

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2008, 12:59 PM,
RE: FoF question
Fubar Wrote:I have downloaded the latest 1.10.10 patch from the Matrix website, is this the most current or is there another that i need?

cheers

That's the most current one I know of. It's the version you get if you buy the CD.

They should be coming out with a patch soon since there was a pretty substantial bug found in the National Will computations.

This is a pretty solid game. I think you'll enjoy it. The immersion factor is high with this one.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-14-2008, 08:04 PM,
HiHi

Just in passing Matt, FoF has a very steep learning curve, I would strongly recomend that you start off with the Basic game and work your way up. I didn't (and I think from the forum posts over at Matrix a lot of other folk also), being in to much if a rush to get to grips with the 'Detailed Battle' stuff.

Trouble is IMO it backlashes on you in that some of the other stuff you really need to know about gets overlooked. Several PBEM games on and I'm still somewhat hazzy re supply/economics/movement and stuff.

A 'Just in case', http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=316 , well worth having a looksee at 'the War room' & AARs + lots of other interesting stuff re the game.

All the Best
Peter
09-15-2008, 01:37 AM,
Thanks for that guys, and i shall be sure to start of with basic as it sounds like theres lots to remember.

TTFN Matt

cheers
09-15-2008, 01:07 PM,
The supply situation in FoF is a nightmare. Not one person yet has explained how it works and that includes the designer.

The learning curve wouldn't be so bad if they had set the rules up in sections instead of them thinking everybody is a beginning player.

All that said, play supply like you would normally do. Don't put units away from rail or deep in enemy territory fighting battle after battle and you'll do fine.

READ..READ..READ...over and over the rules. Play about 2 games through vs the AI and don't do detailed combat. Do quick combat. Learn the rest of the game. Read my comments at the Matrix site. There used to be a link here to that thread but it's gone now.

You'll find it in the AAR section. It's called the Uncivil War DAR. I explain alot. Have screen shots and how the economics and all work. Why I make the choices I do and alot of things. Some questions I had that got answered along the way as well.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-15-2008, 04:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2008, 04:56 PM by Kingmaker.)
HiHi

MR your link hasn't gone, it's with the rest of the AAR/DAR Stuff at the top of the ACW MB Forums; promotion comes fast here! :-)

All the Best
Peter