• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Update on Life and Game Design
05-09-2017, 11:54 PM,
Update on Life and Game Design
Sorry I have not been that active on the ladder lately. I have been busy with game design. The Nap title I am working on is now quite mature with over 16 battles completed and a few more on the way. Artwork is in development and about 8 of the  17 artwork "groups" of images are completed. Lots of new images to add to the existing images used in Marengo for this title of the battles on the Rhine and Danube for the battles from 1792-1800.

I am getting a new PC soon so this should help me with speed. The old pc (from 2005) is chugging along but I really need something that can load the graphics faster and process quicker. Getting the pc next week and hopefully that solves the bottleneck issues.

I moved to the San Diego area on March 1st and have settled in at my great aunt's place. I rent space in the garage. Its really nice down here. The temps are super and the climate agrees with me very much. I am about a 15-20 min. bike ride from the beach and the bike path to Coronado Island is minutes from our house.

A new game project I am trying to get started on is stalled due to the old pc not wanting to install the software. Hoping to get that settled when the new pc arrives and is up and running. Once I get multiple projects going again this will help with the cash flow.

Finally, I can handle a small to medium sized battle from any of the titles. I like to use the following house rules for my games:

1. Skirmishers must remain within 6 hexes of a formed unit of their parent brigade unless left to garrison a village or chateau hex.

2. Colonel Anonymous (replacement leader) cannot be used as a scout.

3. Supply wagons cannot be used to block LOS to units. In other words I cannot put a wagon on the end of my artillery gun line in order to avoid getting flanking fire from units. I have seen folks push out a wagon in front of their road columns too in order to avoid being shot at. Very gamey to say the least.

4. I also like to avoid seeing long lines of squares with guns placed in them when no cavalry threat is present. I have no problem with a lone unit squaring if totally surrounded by enemy units but just to create a line of squares makes no sense.

I prefer to play something from Leipzig, Bautzen, 1814, Marengo or Austerlitz but really anything is fine.
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2017, 04:33 AM,
RE: Update on Life and Game Design
I would be interested in playing something from Marengo if your interested. Also I would play by these house rules. Just full disclosure I am new to the series just played my first game and on my second. I am a veteran of other Tiller titles.
05-11-2017, 05:09 AM,
Sure. We can play a game. I will PM you with my email address.
05-11-2017, 05:27 AM,
(05-11-2017, 05:09 AM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: Sure. We can play a game. I will PM you with my email address.

Ok Sounds good.
05-12-2017, 12:09 AM,
Sent an email instead. Did you get it?
05-12-2017, 04:16 AM,
(05-12-2017, 12:09 AM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: Sent an email instead. Did you get it?

I did I sent a reply last night.

I just sent you a new mail with the first turn.
06-19-2017, 01:03 AM,
I recently updated my support webpage to include more information on what I am working on and about my new life here in the San Diego area. Click on the support link to read more. I plan on adding images soon for the work I am doing for the projects.