• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Problem with ACW
01-19-2014, 09:22 AM,
Problem with ACW
I just had to get a new graphics card yesterday and now my ACW runs jerky and hesitantly. Virtually unplayable. I uninstalled and reinstalled Ozarks to see if that would work. At first, everything was fine, but after I patched it back to most recent, it has reverted back to the jerky scrolling and hesitant game play. If I can't get that to revert back to the way it played, I will have to stop playing ACW. PzCs seems fine, CS as well. Will find out about SBs soon enough.

Any ideas?
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2014, 09:37 AM,
RE: Problem with ACW
Did you attempt to update the video drivers or are you using the stock drivers that came on the cd?
01-20-2014, 01:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 01:33 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
Those that came with the cd. The place I went to, the guy put it in and installed with all the latest drivers and got everything running. I couldn't have known about the problem until I got home and tried to play. I pulled up online about the graphics accelerater and followed those instructions by moving one click to the left and then checked Ozarks and boom, back to the way it is supposed to be. Thanks for everything!
01-20-2014, 02:11 AM,
Glad to hear everything is back to normal.

Any time you buy a new graphics card, the drivers found on those disks are normally out of date. Wink
01-20-2014, 05:07 AM,
I didn't want to get a new one, I had to. The other one had the fan seize up and burned up the memory chip part of it. The guy that fixed it was good, I just hate having to spend money on the spur of the moment. Just glad I keep a private stash in my pocket for situations like this or things we need from the store.