• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Having trouble
01-30-2012, 10:37 AM,
Having trouble
Hi Everyone

I have the original "Bull Run" by Talonsoft. I install the latest 2 patches
BGBR_102.EXE and bgr_dll. The game starts, when I chose a scenario
I receive a meesage "error reading from map file: main map.
Can anyone help.

Ray
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2012, 11:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2012, 04:21 AM by agmoss99.)
RE: Having trouble
You may have to download the patch from one of the websites. Basically as I understand it, the official patch from Talonsoft is incompatible with the Upgrade dlll files. So download patch again; install; check it works; install upgrade patch and check again.

Alternatively if you are trying to run the original Talonsoft game on Win7/Vista, you can't - you'll have to buy the game again at Matrix.

That's my best guess as to what the problem is. Unless you have modified any files or downloaded any mods.

02-01-2012, 02:29 PM,
Hi Agmoss99

Thanks for the advice

Ray
06-15-2012, 04:14 AM,
(01-31-2012, 11:21 PM)agmoss99 Wrote: Alternatively if you are trying to run the original Talonsoft game on Win7/Vista, you can't - you'll have to buy the game again at Matrix.

I have the old 16bit versions and wanted to play them again this week but they wouldn't run. I installed the XP mode virtual pc from Microsoft and was able to install all of the games. I then installed the 32bit patches from the ACW website and copied the game folders into my normal drive from the "virtual" drive, they now work fine under windows 7. A real pain in the butt, but it is better then buying the games twice.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha