• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Q for Rahamy 'Optional Melee Resolution"
09-24-2009, 08:41 AM,
Q for Rahamy 'Optional Melee Resolution"
I thought I would try this out against the AI to see how it worked,but there seems to be a problem.
When I try and resolve a melee I get a message saying"No attacking units selected". Tried this with Chickamagua and Ozark.
Any Ideas ?
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2009, 06:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2009, 06:20 PM by zeiss.)
RE: Q for Rahamy 'Optional Melee Resolution"
RTFM. ;)

page 24, How to Melee

"A second, perhaps easier method for initiating and resolving Melees is via the "drag and drop" method. Here you simply select the attacking units and, while holding down the left mouse button, move the mouse to the target hex and let go. You can do this for as many attacking units as you wish to add. Then you resolve the Melee normally using the menu command or toolbar button."

I had exactly the same problem two days ago.. Big Grin
Divided Ground no-CD & DGVN exe: here

[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
09-24-2009, 09:07 PM,
Let me know if Zeiss's reply didn't get you going. The optional melee rule simply applies a different calculation to the results of the melee and does not require any special actions on your part.
09-24-2009, 11:12 PM,
Also, you first click on the hex you want to melee, then click on your units for melee, go to menu and click add to melee while the units are selected.
09-25-2009, 07:24 AM,
Quote:Also, you first click on the hex you want to melee, then click on your units for melee, go to menu and click add to melee while the units are selected.

Interesting.The above method(which I normally use) does not work,while the Zeiss method does...

Thanks for the help.
07-23-2010, 12:54 PM,
"I thought I would try this out against the AI to see how it worked,but there seems to be a problem."

Seems like your original question never got discussed. I think the optional melee resolution takes the average result of the CRT; so you don't get too much variance in the CRT. At least that's my take on it, and I'd like to actually know the answer as well. jonny ;)
07-23-2010, 09:01 PM,
That is correct, it narrows the spread of results you will see. From the main program help file:

"If you select Optional Melee Results, then the resulting melee casualty values are based on the average of two default melee casualties. This has the effect of reducing the variation in casualty values."
07-24-2010, 01:00 AM,
"If you select Optional Melee Results, then the resulting melee casualty values are based on the average of two default melee casualties. This has the effect of reducing the variation in casualty values."

Thanks. I don't like this rule, as it leads to "counting rifles" and trying to compute beforehand the result. jonnyFiery