• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS Civil War Title
06-24-2009, 05:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2009, 05:13 AM by Panzer VI.)
HPS Civil War Title
I'm thinking of trying out this series.What should I start off with?

I was thinking maybe Gettysburg, Antietam, Vicksburg, Shiloh or Chancellorville.
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2009, 02:12 AM,
RE: HPS Civil War Title
Panzer VI Wrote:I'm thinking of trying out this series.What should I start off with?

I was thinking maybe Gettysburg, Antietam, Vicksburg, Shiloh or Chancellorville.

It really depends on what you are interested in. It was too much pressure for me so I just ended up buying them all.:cool:

I have been playing a lot of Antietam lately-that covers a lot of different battles including Antietam and the Bull Runs. I would just pick your favorite battle and go for it. If you like the series after you try the first one you can get them from Rich Hamilton(HPS) at 29.99 a piece if you buy 5 or more. My wife just got me five for Father's Day/Birthday. She can never resist a sale(especially when she knows I'll probably buy them any way.:smoke:
06-26-2009, 01:54 AM,
Hello,

Try Chickamauga, it's a very good one and many interesting battles : Perryville, Murfreesboro, Chickamauga, Chattanooga etc...

I'm a little bit disapointed by Chancelorsville and Gettysburg : many variants but few true scenarios.

Chris
Send this user an email
06-26-2009, 02:01 AM,
I have not played all of the titles but so far my favorite is Campaign Peninsula. Lots of good sceanrios and I feel a good representation of the "feel" of how the fighting would be like back then. Trying to move large number of troops through woods is a BEAR. LOL, well that's my 2 cents anyway.

Thunder
06-26-2009, 09:14 AM,
The worst part is not remembering which titles have the slow supply wagains and which have the fast ones. I wish they would all be patched up to the fast ones, otherwise, any plans will take longer than you want with the slow ones.
06-27-2009, 12:46 AM,
Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote:The worst part is not remembering which titles have the slow supply wagains and which have the fast ones. I wish they would all be patched up to the fast ones, otherwise, any plans will take longer than you want with the slow ones.

The movement cost for the wagons is a PDT value, isn't it? So you can speed up the wagons for any game you want just by editing the PDT.
06-27-2009, 12:59 PM,
Gettysburg seems to be the most popular one. Can't compare it to other games in the series as it is the only one I own but its rather fun.
06-27-2009, 02:01 PM,
The best answer is to get the one you are most interested in. The series is being patched up the latest game so the engine is or will be the same. The are all great so you really can't go wrong. If you want to buy less then five the NWS Store has all HPS titles on sale for $29.99 or less.
http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/