• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The new North Afrika Mod now available!!
05-08-2009, 09:31 AM,
RE: The new North Afrika Mod now available!!
Have you ever tried Jonesoft mod swapper with WAW? The nice thing about it is it lists all mods in the mod folder (each is placed in it's own sub folder) and you can just pick and remove as you like. It is what is used in Silent Hunter and that game is incredibly picky; do one thing wrong and you are reinstalling.

Link:

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/softwar...jsgme.html
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2009, 12:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2009, 12:04 AM by Alby.)
Weasel Wrote:Giving WAW E a go after reading this. I took Germany assaulting USA in 45 and purchased no AAA not thinking I would need it. Well the yank mustangs are opening up my stugs like rotten tomato cans( Big Grin ) which is how I feel a/c should be. However, my armoured thrust is into the yank lines and I am chasing them boys all the way back to the beach.

Does the NA mod go on top of E or mod swap out E and put in NA?

From what I gather from what it says in the actual mod file, , all ENH files have to be manually placed into the appropriate folders before you can use the NA mod. SHP files into shp folder, snd files into SND folder etc etc....
I do it like this anyway, so I would not be able to tell if there was any oddities or problems if it wasnt done this way.
This is still being determined for sure. I would ask the NA guys over the site.
Send this user an email
05-09-2009, 12:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2009, 12:38 AM by Alby.)
Weasel Wrote:Have you ever tried Jonesoft mod swapper with WAW? The nice thing about it is it lists all mods in the mod folder (each is placed in it's own sub folder) and you can just pick and remove as you like. It is what is used in Silent Hunter and that game is incredibly picky; do one thing wrong and you are reinstalling.

Link:

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/softwar...jsgme.html

hmmm never even heard of it..have you used it with ENH??
I cant figure out how to make it work...doh, yes i am dummy I reckon..LOL
Send this user an email
05-09-2009, 06:25 AM,
Alby Wrote:
Weasel Wrote:Giving WAW E a go after reading this. I took Germany assaulting USA in 45 and purchased no AAA not thinking I would need it. Well the yank mustangs are opening up my stugs like rotten tomato cans( Big Grin ) which is how I feel a/c should be. However, my armoured thrust is into the yank lines and I am chasing them boys all the way back to the beach.

From what I gather from what it says in the actual mod file, , all ENH files have to be manually placed into the appropriate folders before you can use the NA mod. SHP files into shp folder, snd files into SND folder etc etc....
I do it like this anyway, so I would not be able to tell if there was any oddities or problems if it wasnt done this way.

Oh, I didn't do this. I just placed the ENH file into the MODS folder and ran mod swap. Does that mean I am actually only playing with 8.403 and not ENH. DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO READ :hissy: Big Grin
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
05-11-2009, 09:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2009, 09:49 AM by Alby.)
Weasel Wrote:
Alby Wrote:

Oh, I didn't do this. I just placed the ENH file into the MODS folder and ran mod swap. Does that mean I am actually only playing with 8.403 and not ENH. DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO READ :hissy: Big Grin

Quoting Flashfyresp, one of the principal NA mod Designers...this is refering to using the NA mod only...not using Enhanced seperately.

"Yes, it is a fact that to get the whole NA Mod experience, the Enhanced files have to be installed in place of the 'vanilla 8.2-8.403' stuff, so the Mod will swap. Remember all those guys who complained that they couldn't install Enhanced along with another mod...same thing here. And I put that comment in the file to alert people that this Mod couldn't be installed in conjunction with the Enhanced Mod. A lot of players don't permanently install Enhanced...they use the ModSwapper."
Send this user an email