• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Upgrading Battleground Napoleon
04-11-2009, 11:37 AM,
Upgrading Battleground Napoleon
Based on my conversations with Matrix this is a distinct possibility, but only for the Matrix Battleground series, not HPS.

If I can get a development team together and produce a scope of proposed changes I can submit this to Matrix, who will run it by John Tiller. If approved, Matrix will release the Source Code, and perhaps we can produce an enhanced game that compliments the advancements from HPS.

I would need a lead programmer in C++ and a few dedicated faithfuls to begin a proposal.

Does this sound like something that is worth looking into?

What would you like to see done? Variable visibility? revamp the skirmisher model? opportunity fire? new movement classes?
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2009, 07:18 AM,
RE: Upgrading Battleground Napoleon
I'm a very raw player, but this most definitely would be a great idea. I'm just getting into BG Nappy, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I have also discovered the extra used-created scenarios, some of which you have modded to look very pleasing to the eye I see:)

From my very limited xp of the game, I would suggest that skirmishers appear to be way stronger than I expected. Opportunity fire would be a useful, and logical inclusion. Is it just me or do people shy away from using cavalry so that they don't get clubbed with the points losses when they incur combat losses? It kind of takes some of the fun out of the game as I am much less inclined to use them. Of course my naivity may be leading me to butcher my poor horsemen.

Anyway, I big yes from me in terms of interest, and I suspect there are more who would be interested.

Would we get a nice pack of extra battles?
04-13-2009, 09:41 PM,
Our proposal to Matrix will include the development of new scenario modules including a group of scenarios based on a common period.

The team is coming together nicely. Hopefully we will submit our proposal to Matrix by the end of this month.
04-15-2009, 03:25 AM,
cillmhor Wrote:I'm a very raw player, but this most definitely would be a great idea. I'm just getting into BG Nappy, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I have also discovered the extra used-created scenarios, some of which you have modded to look very pleasing to the eye I see:)

From my very limited xp of the game, I would suggest that skirmishers appear to be way stronger than I expected. Opportunity fire would be a useful, and logical inclusion. Is it just me or do people shy away from using cavalry so that they don't get clubbed with the points losses when they incur combat losses? It kind of takes some of the fun out of the game as I am much less inclined to use them. Of course my naivity may be leading me to butcher my poor horsemen.

Anyway, I big yes from me in terms of interest, and I suspect there are more who would be interested.

Would we get a nice pack of extra battles?

I'll say your skirmishers are too powerful. Eek

Shoo you pesky English.... :)

cheers
04-15-2009, 05:09 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  RE: Upgrading Battleground Napoleon
Hi Richard.

That´s a great idea. I´d recommend to contact the INWC too,
as they´ve already realised some improvements for this series and
they use "historical rules". These rules will show you what is really
needed.

By the way, please pass on the following question to Matrix too: