• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Using Target's
10-31-2008, 08:50 PM,
Using Target's
Well you can call me stupid if you like, But I never realized until up to now that if you use your target's properly, Then you aim your Arty's at the target it does in fact cut the waiting time for firing down to second's, I stumbled on this in a battle I have just fought.

I am now wondering if this is the case in general ?

You live and learn so they say

Cheers Ted
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2008, 09:19 PM,
RE: Using Target's
Fortunately, it's a game. You can die and still learn...

:whis:
10-31-2008, 10:16 PM,
Yes, TRPs are preplanned and registered artillery targets with preset coordinates for the guns so the firing is more accurate and much quicker. It works for off board artillery and on board mortars as well.

Moreover, you can use the Target Reference Points for bore-sighting your antitank guns and tanks, meaning if you shoot at an opponent within the TRP with a gun the percentage of hit goes way up.

TRPs are relatively cheap and a great tool.
10-31-2008, 11:19 PM,
With onboard mortars they only work with the ones that haven't moved. Once it moves then the fire time/accuracy is calculated normally. This is to simulate registered fires.
11-01-2008, 01:17 AM,
Finally, I should point out that you do not need line-of-sight for your FO's to use TRPs - your FO's can remain behind cover or far away and still drop ordnance on the TRPs.