• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

the brave Lieutenant
10-23-2007, 01:28 PM,
the brave Lieutenant
Wow am i really enjoying playing CM, yes. Its not just coz of the great game but the nice little touches like this.

Palying the scenario for the defence of Verhene Globulinka, i am germans vrs the ruskies.

I dig my troops tight into the river bank, so they are well covered from those pesky tanks and are hard to spot by the troops, with MGs on the far bank to cover them and provide support.

The ruskies come in waves, over run one but the rest get caught up in the fighting and slaughtered.

At one crossing point the T-34s just kept coming, despite a pile of Russian bodies from the previous company attack around the crossing point, and several knocked out T-34s. Finaly its just one poor German Lt and one final T-34, several that had crossed were knocked out by AT guns further back.

This one Lt is now on one bank and the Tank on the other, its safe from the AT guns by the slope of the bank, its blasting away at him, the surrounding foxholes are full of his dead platoon, killed of by the tanks after wiping out the company that tried to take the crossing.

He stands up throws his grenade and a second later is gunned down, dead.

The grenade lands on the tanks and takes it out, thrown across the river an instant before being killed, awesome stuff, like a movie.
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2007, 06:02 PM,
RE: the brave Lieutenant
LOL.... excellent!!
10-24-2007, 04:08 AM,
I had similar experience in my recent PBEM game. My opponent rushed one T-34/76 in the forest (he was runing away from my angry Pz4 :smoke:) where my vet squad was sitting. When the tank got close at full spead he saw my men, aimed and fired, taking out the whole squad. But in the moment they died one grenade bundle flew towards the T-34 and hit it. Though, I don't know if it was a kill, I'm waiting for the next file to see...

ps: The defence of Verhene Globulinka is my favorite stock scenario, equally enjoyable both as Germans or Russians.
10-24-2007, 04:27 AM,
Had a similar experience during a game with Andre and a squad down to two guys with a grenade bundle facing an IS-2. Makes for interesting and tense games. I sometimes have much more fun coming from behind and using the remnants of my forces more cleverly to try and close the point gap than if I'm way ahead (which isn't often:)). In a game with Will I have a Russian AT gun that has taken 12 vehicles down and is still fighting... a record maybe... shades of Biederman's gun or the SS guy in the book Soldiers of Destruction that kept fighting his AT gun when his crew and all those around were dead... he kept getting ammo from surrounding knocked out guns to fight on.
10-24-2007, 05:09 AM,
Hey!

I thought we'd agreed we weren't going to talk about that :censored: gun!
10-24-2007, 10:48 AM,
CM seems to have all exciting moments the mote I play, in one battle I lost all my tanks except one which then proceeded (through desperate moves) to knock out all the rest of the enemy tanks by hiding among houses and taking pot shots.
10-25-2007, 06:51 AM,
Hey Klanx, where's yer brother at?
Has he been arrested for robbing the shops trying to get funds for his new PC? :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-25-2007, 09:33 AM,
he might be busy, but if hes needing money it wont be robbing shops, it will be getting protection money, hahaha. If ya email him he usually replies.
10-27-2007, 08:32 AM,
To update my other post - it turned out the T-34 was not even imobilazed and again tried to escape but this time my brave tank hunter got it, taking revenge for his dead comrades.

But here's even more heroic deed my russian Lt did in the last momens of the battle, when my opponent rushed the flags - I was holding a small flag with only one MG, Inf-Gun and HQ, my brave Lt was far ahead, hiding near a road junction to spy on the enemy movements. It was very calm area untill one Marder come into view and did some pot shots at the building where my Lt commanding the heavy weapons was residing. I quickly withdraw him and once the building colapsed the Marder comed into veiw of my gun. It was foggy but I decided to engage it at long range (170m), just after few shots I got lucky and scored several gun hits and the Marder stoped firing back. Meanwhile a single german half-squad tried to rush in my trench only to be gunned down by my MG and HQ. Unfortunately a moment later 81mm started to rain on my position, taking out my gun. So hoping my opponent droped his last inf reserve in this sector I decided to assault his TD with my Lt hiding at the road. He was not far away and after a quick dash he was in perfect position to throw his only grenade. But the damned Marder tried to move towards my flag and my brave Lt started to chase him. I don't know how he could keep pace with tracked vehicle in the snow but he somehow catched up with it and placed few bursts with his PPSh intro the crew compartment. My guy didn't even had the chance to throw his grenade when the shacken crew abandoned, sneaking for cover. Here the game ended, it was the final turn. The heroic deed of my Lt made the difference and the game resulted in draw.