• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Finding enemy snipers
04-24-2007, 10:54 PM,
Finding enemy snipers

Can a friendly sniper detect an enemy sniper any better than friendly infantry can? Just curious. I have had so many examples of enemy infantry practically tripping over my sniper without detecting him that I wonder if any type of unit has any better chance to spot a sniper.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2007, 05:28 AM,
RE: Finding enemy snipers
Units with binoculars spot better than units without. Stationary units spot better than moving ones. 'Hiding' units spot fairly poorly. Not aware of snipers being able to spot particularly well, beyond that they have binoculars and tend to be stationary a lot.

A stationary sniper is really, really hard to spot, especially if he's hiding.
04-25-2007, 05:37 AM,
RE:��Finding enemy snipers
04-25-2007, 05:47 AM,
I played the AI in a sniper (3 each) only battle. Results were predictable with AI. Might be interesting as PBEM or TCP/IP.

Supposing leaders with stealth and fire direction capability enhance sniper performance too.
04-25-2007, 11:03 AM,
Okay I've just added a test to the Snipers thread here -
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=39828

which shows once and for all that snipers don't seem to see enemy snipers any better than anybody else can see them..
04-25-2007, 11:58 AM,
RE:��Finding enemy snipers
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Okay I've just added a test to the Snipers thread here -
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=39828

which shows once and for all that snipers don't seem to see enemy snipers any better than anybody else can see them..

But what about enemy snipers seeing other hidden units that are not snipers, and at what ranges?

This provides an extremely useful element to sniper purchase, if they can be snuck into an area where enemy infantry hold a position, and are hiding, or on covered arcs, and a sniper can spot them for mortar or cannon fire.

That was my real point.

Cheers!

Leto