• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Russian AA Batt. question
04-07-2007, 04:07 PM,
Russian AA Batt. question
In CM terms what would a typical early war Russian AA Batt. be composed of. I see lots of mention of a quad MG, and there are a couple of AA guns available as well in this timeframe. I don't know if it makes a difference but am interested in those that would be part of a Mech. Corps..
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2007, 03:53 AM,
RE: Russian AA Batt. question
Personally I'm not so hot on OOB's... pretty pics are more in my line like this one of a Quad Maxim..

[Image: quadmax1dx2.jpg]
04-09-2007, 12:24 PM,
Ratzki Wrote:In CM terms what would a typical early war Russian AA Batt. be composed of. I see lots of mention of a quad MG, and there are a couple of AA guns available as well in this timeframe. I don't know if it makes a difference but am interested in those that would be part of a Mech. Corps..

Look here for information on all the Soviet Armored Formations used during the war.

Soviet Armored Formations

The time period is very important. Tank Corps and Mech Corps are very close to each other in make up except for the number of Motorized Infantry Brigades and Tank Brigades employed by each. If you need or want more specifics about what they had let me know and I'll see if I can't get very specific for you. The big determining factor will be the time period you are wanting to know about.

Good Hunting.

MR
04-09-2007, 01:51 PM,
Thank you MR for the link to the information. I am getting into the nitty gritty of a scenario that I am building and could not find the info 'till now. It will be a '41 battle between elements of the German 299th Inf Div and elements of the 19th Mech Corps as they reel and try to prepare for the defence of Kiev. It was nothing specific that I was looking for, just that both the 40th and the 43rd Tank divisions have a Motorized AA Battalion with them and the 213th Mech Division also has a Motorized AA Battalion. I did not think much of it when I first made the notes but when looking at what was available in the CMBB editor for that time period, I started to wonder more about the make up. The editor allows for a:
25mm AA gun
37mm AA gun
76mm AA gun
85mm AA gun
and I see that quad MGs can be present as well

I figure that not all would be represented but do not really know what would be there. Being my anal self, I could not let this go so had to ask the question. I will better read the info that you have there later tonight after the kids go to bed. Thank you for the reply.Big Grin
04-10-2007, 03:27 PM,
Ratzki Wrote:Thank you MR for the link to the information. I am getting into the nitty gritty of a scenario that I am building and could not find the info 'till now. It will be a '41 battle between elements of the German 299th Inf Div and elements of the 19th Mech Corps as they reel and try to prepare for the defence of Kiev. It was nothing specific that I was looking for, just that both the 40th and the 43rd Tank divisions have a Motorized AA Battalion with them and the 213th Mech Division also has a Motorized AA Battalion. I did not think much of it when I first made the notes but when looking at what was available in the CMBB editor for that time period, I started to wonder more about the make up. The editor allows for a:
25mm AA gun
37mm AA gun
76mm AA gun
85mm AA gun
and I see that quad MGs can be present as well

I figure that not all would be represented but do not really know what would be there. Being my anal self, I could not let this go so had to ask the question. I will better read the info that you have there later tonight after the kids go to bed. Thank you for the reply.Big Grin

Take a look here too.

Soviet Tank Divisions

These are the TO&E's for the 1941 Soviet Divisions. Tank Divisions are of course listed in them.

Hope this helps.

Good Hunting.

MR