• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Installing Windows XP
02-10-2007, 11:28 AM,
Installing Windows XP
I'll be installing Windows XP on my computer this weekend so if you never here from me again...I failed :)

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2007, 08:58 PM,
RE: Installing Windows XP
XP... pah. Try installing Vista :(
02-10-2007, 09:16 PM,
Hey Bootie,
You were going to tell us how it went with Vista. By the sounds of things, not very good! :hissy:
Can you run the CM games with it ok? any problems installing the games?
did you reinstall CMBO?
And was it worth two days of overtime? Big Grin
02-10-2007, 09:23 PM,
Well, initally upon installation everything worked fine. When I tried to process an email turn it went well until I had to find the file I had made in game and wanted to return to my opponent. Basically it wasnt there. After a thorough search I found that windows vista installs the game slightly differently than XP with the PBEM & Saved Games sections being sperated to another file called Compatibles. So I linked a short cut to it and placed it on my desktop. So its working very well now with my only issue is the fact that I changed my ATI card to an Nvidia one so I could get fog graphics and now they arent displayed in Vsta despie installing the latest drivers.

So yeah I recommend Vista... but it will take a little getting used to. And it does seem faster at processing turns etc.

02-13-2007, 11:09 AM,
Ok, I'm back online and I did end up going with Vista, Bootie.

I do need a little help though, does anyone have the CMBB 1.01 patch? The only way to download it from BF is through a third party service that requires registration.

Thanks,
Mike