• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

My non-hot streak
01-17-2007, 11:45 AM,
My non-hot streak
Don't know if this is a good or bad sign, but I am currently on a four game "draw" streak. I guess I'm not losing, so there is something to be said about that... :rolleyes:
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2007, 01:47 PM,
RE: My non-hot streak
My advice to you is..........WIN!
Lord Bane
01-17-2007, 02:07 PM,
Yeah, I find draws kind of irritating. Kinda wish they made the draw range a little narrower, or let you keep fighting until someone pulled ahead - sort of a "sudden death" for CM.

Mike - hope we're not headed toward a draw in our current game...
01-17-2007, 03:34 PM,
At this point, I would be pleased with a draw in our current game. My final assault started so late, it would be a moral victory for me - and a lesson learned about slow playing.

I agree about draws, neither the satisfaction of a victory (however slight) or the "back to the drawing board" resignation of defeat.
01-18-2007, 06:50 AM,
Would agree to a point, but to use football, (sorry soccer, for our friends across the pond), if you've managed to claw back from 4-0 down at half time, a draw is as nearly as good, morale wise as a win.

You do need to look at it for it's lessons though, i.e. why were you so far down to start with. Bad tactics, bad luck, or, (as ATCS said), just too slow in your gameplay.
01-18-2007, 07:54 AM,
Some of the most satisfying battles I've ever had involved fighting back to a draw from the position of a loss. I don't mind draws, but I hate losing!