• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Russian Rifle Division
11-21-2006, 10:40 AM,
RE: Russian Rifle Division
Do you mean that second post was tongue-in-cheek, I just spent an hour trying to figure out if you could equip a Division with white flags carried by 25 trucks.... do these same trucks carry the little sticks for the white flags?... are they 1-piece or are they like folding tent poles?... do they come in little draw string packs?
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2006, 11:10 AM,
I think they wrap the cheese in the white flags.
11-21-2006, 08:47 PM,
the cheese eating surrender monkeys is a direct quote from the simpsons... and maybe "married with children" too... If you want to look at the sociological influences of it then the late WWI mutinies probably have as much a role to consider as do the WWII exploits. but most of the french casualties in WWII were among colonial troops, especially after 1940... The unfortunate truth is that France's most fanatic fighters were often those from the colonies, caught up in the idealistic hope that their nations could rise to be as great... the way the french treated these these free french supporters was pathetic. but they fought hard and true for the allied cause. and so I am obliged to say that the idea of all french as surrender monkeys is an inaccurate stereotype... however, recent french willingness to get involved in world affairs in a manor that doesn't involve kickbacks, leads me to continue to say bad things about the frogs... however, as stated, they are not all surrender monkeys... some are actually conquered idealistic colonials trying to keep the hope of freedom alive. Viva la Africa...

PS: thanks for the rifle division info. It will come in handy for developing battles, etc...
11-23-2006, 05:08 AM,
Well, glad to hear someone may have a use for the info. This early in the Russian Army, 25% of the troops included in the on paper strength were only to be brought up in times of war, so most infantry units will be at least 25% understrength.