• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Intelligence gathering or unfair peeking?
08-26-2006, 11:43 AM,
c_Question Mark  Intelligence gathering or unfair peeking?
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2006, 12:23 PM,
RE: Intelligence gathering or unfair peeking?
Taking a look at the purchase screen for a particular time and front is acceptable. You will be playing games vrs vets who have looked at the possibilities and or played the possibilities many times. Having such minimal intell seems reasonable.

As you've noted, it is not kosher to take a look at the enemy's scenario briefing.

Most people prefer to play scenario's "blind" - neither knows the other sides forces nor have they read the opponents briefing.

08-26-2006, 05:03 PM,
As JDSU says, check out the availability for that time period.
08-26-2006, 05:14 PM,
Cool. I too prefer to play blind. Of course, I think all QB's are pretty much blind. This is what I speaking towards, in particular (QB's). Scenario's mostly do a good job in the briefing of telling you what you may face. I typically figure if the scenario designer decided not to mention something in the brief, it's not my place to dig any further. But I typically operated with the belief that QB's were fair game, kosher-wise.
08-26-2006, 07:08 PM,
My expeirence of gaming is most players have a different
approach to a attack or defence, so if you play the the same scenario once or twice, or look at the the briefing of your opponent, should not be a problem.

Age is Wisdom
08-26-2006, 11:45 PM,
Having a look at what is available is fine as in reality the commanders on the ground would either have been briefed on what units they can expect in the area, or they would know from their own experiences with the enemy in previous engagements. OK you do gain a bit more info on individual untis capabilities and what untis are fresh out of the factory that month, but that's a small price to pay for increased game play.

Reading your opponents briefing is going too far, but even then, I've played various scenarios where my brieifng has been distinctly vague in relation to what units I'm getting, (particularly in relation to reinforcements).
08-27-2006, 02:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2006, 02:43 AM by gangofmao.)
...If i'm doing a Proving Ground Battle/Operation...
i not mind if they look...
...if it's a Blind Battle/Operation...i want no looking...:)