• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Rank System - too hard?
07-25-2006, 02:37 PM,
New Rank System - too hard?
Is it just me or does the new rank scoring seem a little too tough? Using me for an example - I finish about 10 games a month - averaging about 37 points per game. It looks like at that rate it will take me at least 4 years and three months to become a Reichsmarschall, which is probably well beyond the playable life of this game. Then there are the elite players at the top of the ladder who have been playing for so long - how can they not be ranked at the top yet? Now no one holds a top rank. I'd say the bar needs to be lowered a bit....
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2006, 03:15 PM,
RE: New Rank System - too hard?
I could be wrong, but I see myself still playing this game in the years to come ... I also like the fact that rank has meaning again.

Just my $.02.

Nort
07-25-2006, 04:10 PM,
To view it from another angle, in the military less than 1% of all active duty (actually less than .4% if you count enlisted & officer) ever advance to the highest rank. So if you were to have something even approximate, perhaps the new ranks correlate.
07-25-2006, 04:18 PM,
Speaking of advancement...I just moved from recruit to Private with that last post. Do you advance based upon number of posts as well? I didn't see that anywhere on the scoring charts.

Haven't posted any results yet, as I am currently in the middle of a couple of battles right now. Curious.
07-25-2006, 09:01 PM,
The ranks systems for the forum and the ladders are not linked, two different sets of software. The ranks in the forum are based simply on how often you post, you can also customize it put anything you want in there.

Paul