• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series x2 (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=304)
+--- Thread: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube (/showthread.php?tid=75233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube - Jason Petho - 10-31-2022

The twenty-first session of A Week in Binh Long. Darkness has fallen at the end of the session. With that, the Viet Cong are coming out of their hiding places. I ran into a company as I was withdrawing in the north, taking casualties, causing me to retreat into the jungle. It appears that the Day 1 Firebase at Area LOUISIANA has fallen, which is something else I have to do on Day 4. The Viet Cong company in the deep south was spotted and presumably is heading towards QL13 and no means to intercept as night is falling. I have a sneaky suspicion it is going to be a hard night.

RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube - Jason Petho - 11-03-2022

The twenty-second session of A Week in Binh Long. The night turns have gone by quickly. We were very fortunate to have an armoured cavalry troop located at the wrong base and was en route south, allowing it to stave off a Viet Cong night attack against a QL13 position that was occupied by some ARVN troops. Pure luck that, no kidding! (I'm going to add some randomization for this attacking company for a future update). We also managed to destroy an additional Viet Cong unit in the north, stuck between two firebases. Day 4 is only a few turns away.

RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube - Jason Petho - 11-07-2022

The twenty-third session of A Week in Binh Long. Day 4 has arrived, and with that we learned we will be receiving an additional two US infantry battalions with another Cavalry Troop and an ARVN battalion will be released. There is a lot going on today, with a lot of Task Forces being created to secure the new areas and recapture areas that were lost. An overview of all the missions assigned today were gone through and the main reference map was updated. A challenging day ahead, but fun indeed!

RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube - Jason Petho - 11-11-2022

The twenty-fourth session of A Week in Binh Long. A few more turns of the beginning of Day 4. Quite the adventure so far, running into some Viet Cong and noticing that they are still active in the field. I am quickly realizing I don't have enough helicopters to do everything I need. There are some tough decisions being made, especially due to the distance to some of the firebases that are required to be built. The brand new battalion, 1st/28th Infantry has arrived on the map, but we're still waiting for 1st/26th to arrive. Both of these are1st Brigade battalions. The next few sessions will be full of action and confusion, how fun!

RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube - Jason Petho - 11-14-2022

The twenty-fifth session of A Week in Binh Long. Lots of great discussion today by viewers, thank you all for tuning in to chat! Some great ideas and some hints on future improvements. We made to turn 190, 25% of the way through Day 4. I went over a bit how I wasn't performing some Search and Destroy missions and what the implications of that will be later on in the scenario (for your entertainment, of course). We are still waiting for 1st/16th to arrive by air at Minh Thanh, leaving that sector not very well defended at the moment. Otherwise, the other battalions are in the middle of their tasks while a few things slip through the cracks as it is a lot to take care of. Onward and positive vibes!

RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube - Jason Petho - 11-17-2022

The twenty-sixth session of A Week in Binh Long. The turns have slowed down as there is a lot to do. I still cranked out a few and we're making some decent progress. The 2d/28th Infantry has run into some resistance and I'm tackling them with some Pink Teams. This is a difficult task as drawing fire isn't always a sure thing. 1st/26th is still missing, it should have landed at Minh Thanh by now, which is leaving that new base quite vulnerable, as the 1st/16th Infantry has pulled out to the other side of QL13. 3rd Brigade HQ is getting its final destination, although a couple days late. I have to learn to follow instructions, apparently. Ha!

RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube - Jason Petho - 11-21-2022

The twenty-seventh session of A Week in Binh Long. *CAVEAT* Using a brand new set of BETA EXE's for the 1.30 UPDATE, and one of the new features killed the combat/movement sounds for this session. Otherwise, things are progressing. 1st/26th Infantry finally started arriving at Minh Thanh! I had the misfortune of losing some gunships (Snakes) as they were supporting the ARVN 4th/9th operation. Otherwise, I'm finally getting the rest of the battalions organized and firebases starting to be built. Nearly half way through the day and I feel like I'm making some decent progress. The Viet Cong still keep taking pot shots are my helicopters, which I'm trying to hunt down and eliminate.

RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube - Jason Petho - 11-25-2022

The twenty-eighth session of A Week in Binh Long. We have sound! YAY! Back into Day 4, almost at the halfway point of the day. We have 1st/26th arriving at Minh Thanh finally and I am sending them out into the bush to see if they can find some contact. I ran into some Viet Cong in a few sectors, although it is light action so far, things are heating up. Helicopters losses were minimal this session although a few of them were riddled with holes. Some of the firebases have finally been completed and I have my engineers on the right paths for clearing some of the vital Main Supply Routes in the area. I noticed a brand new ARVN squadron that was released that I get to use for road security... Amen to that!

RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube - Jason Petho - 11-28-2022

The twenty-ninth session of A Week in Binh Long. A little hiccup in the beginning, although you won't notice it on YouTube, until I point it out anyway! Regardless, it was an excellent session today! Everything was going my way, even when my LRRP team was ambushed. Lots of lucky rolls and situations during the session and I took the time to go over some hints and tips about supplyand how it works in the game. Even though we are at the halfway point of Day 4, many of the areas are becoming secured and the battalions have mostly been airlifted to their proper Areas of Operations. There are a few stragglers and I see I may need some additional support in some sectors to ensure everything is cleared by the end of the day. We are also sending some troops into the jungle to conduct search and destroy operations, for better or worse.

RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube - Jason Petho - 12-01-2022

The thirtieth session of A Week in Binh Long. Well holy crap, this was a rough session. I had a platoon ambushed in Area KENTUCKY while another platoon ran into a large Viet Cong force after which I promptly ran away, and then I lost two Patton's in Area WYOMING. On the bright side, we did develop a plan with maintaining security at the two key bridges on QL13, I will be curious to see how that pans out during the night. The battalions in the field and making good progress in the other Area's of Operations, even checking off a few and gaining some Event Points for clearing Area TEXAS. Keeping the forces organized is a challenge, but I think I've got a handle on things and should be fine as we creep closer to the end of Day 4. Well, in theory.