• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Tournaments Area (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Thread: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=73730)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - RedDevil - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 03:44 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Big Ivan and Ashcloud have finished our round.

Ashcloud as Israelis got a Minor Loss score 92.

Big Ivan as Israelis got a Minor Loss score 130.

Thanks Ashcloud for a wonderful mirror match. I really enjoyed both our games!! Wink

What did you fellows think of the Scenario?
Dev

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Big Ivan - 01-11-2021

Hey Dev,

I loved it. IMO, I thought both sides were evenly matched. 

However, the terrain was the limiting factor. It was some rugged country playing either side. I found the firepower of the Israelis to be a bit better. But the foot units of the Jordanians to be better at holding on to defensive positions. 

I got lucky as the Israelis when I assaulted the lone bunker and dispatched the Jordanians gaining a bunch of strength point kills in that bunker. That swung the balance. I think unit morale played a role in that.

As the Israelis I went straight up the road whereas Ashcloud ( a superb player) tried the end around to the next pass. It was touch and go for a while but my Jordanians held strong then retreated not giving targets as he took the second objective.

From there my follow up with the Jordanians with a few turns left, was to fade into the country side giving no targets.

Ashcloud, again per my e-mal, loved this mirror match!!! Enjoyed playing with you!! You are a good player my friend and God Bless!!

John

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Scud - 01-12-2021

As always, condolences to the defeated, congrats to the winners.

Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 Tournament

Sixth round scenario is an Alan R. Arvold's adaptation of M. Conmy's  "Commando Raid at Romani" (0-0-0)All optional rules on including fog-of-war and Extreme Assault (EA), except  NO Extreme Assault (EA) or Variable Visibility (VV), as this scenario was originally created for Divided Ground.

This is a mirrored tournament, you will play two games at once, one as side A, one as side B. Tally your points in case of a draw, the higher score will be the winner.

Players should expect to finish by February 22 2021, based on ~3 turns a week. Please do your best so we can keep the tournament moving forward.

First round bracket is as follows. Please establish email contact with your opponent. Players in green get a bye this round.

[Image: ME-bracket6.jpg]

The Rules

(These rules are tentative and subject to change, pending participant input)

NOTE: All participants must be on the latest release of CSME (v2.01) available at Matrixgames.com. If you own it, updates are available under "my subscriptions" on your page.

Tournament will start on or about August 15, 2020. We will be simultaneously playing mirrored games, so you will play two games at once (a match), one as the Side A player and one as the Side B player. If both players receive the same victory levels, then the one with the higher points will be declared the winner of the two-game match.

This will be a double-elimination tournament. Two two-game matches, resulting in two match losses will mean you're out.

We will be playing unplayed scenarios. So we're beta testing. Expect some pretty bad ones. :-) I urge players to fill out reports on what they thought about each scenario when reporting their game results.

All rules will follow the designers briefing recommendations. If no briefing or recommendations, then all optional rules on, except Extreme Assault (EA) and Variable Visibility (VV).

Non-Combatants:

1. Any non-combatant may be removed from the map. Non-combat units are any units that cannot fire and/or assault., i.e. unarmed trucks, wagons, horses. The idea here is less fodder to worry about = potentially faster turn rate = faster tournament.
  2. Non-combat transport units cannot be used to surround, block movement, block line of sight, draw opportunity fire, or perform "recon" duties.

Please Remember and Play the Blitz's Eric Bonner Rule:
Play the way the late Eric Bonner would play. He never used "gamey" tactics. He always played fair. He always enjoyed the experience and the camaraderie he felt towards his opponent, more than a win. To Eric, a ladder stat was just not that important. Have fun.

All players, please make note. This is a tournament and it will be greatly appreciated by all players involved to keep moving it forward. Your turn rate is of the upmost importance. We all realize that Real Life (RL) takes precedence over any gaming. However, a lot of you have background games going on at the time of this tournament behind the scenes and we all understand and appreciate that. When this tournament starts we ask that any game turn received back from an opponent within this tournament take precedence over the other games you are playing. In other words, tournament game turns should be played first in order to keep this tourney going. We make this suggestion in order to keep this tournament moving forward and fun for all. Good luck to all!

Regards,

Scud (Dave Bracken) 

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Big Ivan - 01-13-2021

Dave,

Mike and I started our 6th round games.

Regards,
John

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Ashcloud - 01-13-2021

(01-11-2021, 08:53 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Hey Dev,

I loved it. IMO, I thought both sides were evenly matched. 

However, the terrain was the limiting factor. It was some rugged country playing either side. I found the firepower of the Israelis to be a bit better. But the foot units of the Jordanians to be better at holding on to defensive positions. 

I got lucky as the Israelis when I assaulted the lone bunker and dispatched the Jordanians gaining a bunch of strength point kills in that bunker. That swung the balance. I think unit morale played a role in that.

As the Israelis I went straight up the road whereas Ashcloud ( a superb player) tried the end around to the next pass. It was touch and go for a while but my Jordanians held strong then retreated not giving targets as he took the second objective.

From there my follow up with the Jordanians with a few turns left, was to fade into the country side giving no targets.

Ashcloud, again per my e-mal, loved this mirror match!!! Enjoyed playing with you!! You are a good player my friend and God Bless!!

John

I too really enjoyed it, the map complexity was intense. John, I enjoy our games together very much - your crafty approach of not giving me anything to shoot at worked a charm. Good luck with your next round.

Ash

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Warhorse - 01-18-2021

Not too impressed with this next scenario however, think I will just take a nap each turn and hit next turn!! Just kidding, but what a boring scenario! No labels, or anything.

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Scud - 01-18-2021

(01-18-2021, 01:58 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Not too impressed with this next scenario however, think I will just take a nap each turn and hit next turn!! Just kidding, but what a boring scenario! No labels, or anything.

Sorry about that, Mike. The whole premise of the tournament was to play some never-played scenarios. Unfortunately, we're down to old Divided Ground scenarios that have been revamped for CSME. In the future, I'm going to skip them. I have two scenarios I've been saving for the last two rounds. A third tie-breaker round will probably be either a larger unplayed scenario or a small one that already has some game reports.

If you two absolutely HATE this scenario and you haven't gotten too far, I'm happy to find something else from one of the ones that have already had game reports entered.

Dave

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - RedDevil - 01-18-2021

Mikey, Just maky sure you're still asleep, when I get to play you!

Dev

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - RedDevil - 01-18-2021

(01-18-2021, 05:40 AM)Scud Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 01:58 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Not too impressed with this next scenario however, think I will just take a nap each turn and hit next turn!! Just kidding, but what a boring scenario! No labels, or anything.

Sorry about that, Mike. The whole premise of the tournament was to play some never-played scenarios. Unfortunately, we're down to old Divided Ground scenarios that have been revamped for CSME. In the future, I'm going to skip them. I have two scenarios I've been saving for the last two rounds. A third tie-breaker round will probably be either a larger unplayed scenario or a small one that already has some game reports.

If you two absolutely HATE this scenario and you haven't gotten too far, I'm happy to find something else from one of the ones that have already had game reports entered.

Dave

Ha... catering to whims of the loser bracket?!!!
Send me a game turn Dave, let's see what they're howling about?

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Warhorse - 01-18-2021

(01-18-2021, 06:56 AM)RedDevil Wrote: Mikey, Just maky sure you're still asleep, when I get to play you!

Dev

Haha!!