• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Tournaments Area (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Thread: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=73730)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - RedDevil - 02-20-2021

(02-20-2021, 04:29 AM)Scud Wrote: Thanks Dev. One of us will take you down, but still too close to call. I think we're getting close to the halfway mark, but I haven't been paying attention. Mike keeps shooting at me.

Dave
 In the immortal words of Caligula... Jester

"Let them hate me, so long as they fear me". Whip Whip Whip Whip 

Muwahhhahahahh  Whistle

To the victor! Cheers4 Cheers4

The fight, has yet to come!

The Dev has oiled his swords, sharpened his knives, fed his camel, and ironed his cloaks..
Prepare, for the danger awaits, one so deliberate in their quest...
| Soap Box

Dev

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - RedDevil - 02-21-2021

Gotta say.. No matter what results come out of this tourney, Dave.. it is with many, MANY thanks, and extreme gratitude, for you to step up and commandeer, a great motley crew of Blitz grogs here, ones willing to try something new, and giving the "bitch" of the CS series, some prime time!

We gather our swords, and we sharpen them, along with our skills, in the face of adversity.

Dev

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Big Ivan - 02-21-2021

I don't think that CSME is the BITCH of the Campaign Series, far from it!! I take offense at that comment Randall!  Angry3
Your speaking from ignorance, again!! LMAO

In fact, CSME is a great addition to a dead game system, 

wait for it, here it comes, "John Tiller's Campaign Series version 2.02!" That was 1998 or 1999 at its first release.  Hmmm, I'm I wrong? 

From Talonsoft? Hmmm I'm I wrong? 

Is Talonsoft a viable company anymore? No I don't think it is. Hmmm goes back 22 years ago? 

Give your love for JTCS up. Its going the way of the dodo

Wait til you see Vietnam, it will blow your socks off!

Oh but wait, there are the old old guard farts at the blitz that absolutely refuse to change NO MATTER WHAT IS THROWN IN FRONT OF THEM!! Its JTCS version 2.02 or nothing! 

OK, no problem, let the old farts stay with JTCS 2.02.

When Vietnam comes on line, JTCS 2.02 will be eventually a distant memory for me on this rig.

Take care Randy and have a nice day!! Wink

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - zap - 02-21-2021

(02-21-2021, 12:44 PM)Big Ivan Wrote: I don't think that CSME is the BITCH of the Campaign Series, far from it!! I take offense at that comment Randall!  Angry3
Your speaking from ignorance, again!! LMAO

In fact, CSME is a great addition to a dead game system, 

wait for it, here it comes, "John Tiller's Campaign Series version 2.02!" That was 1998 or 1999 at its first release.  Hmmm, I'm I wrong? 

From Talonsoft? Hmmm I'm I wrong? 

Is Talonsoft a viable company anymore? No I don't think it is. Hmmm goes back 22 years ago? 

Give your love for JTCS up. Its going the way of the dodo

Wait til you see Vietnam, it will blow your socks off!

Oh but wait, there are the old old guard farts at the blitz that absolutely refuse to change NO MATTER WHAT IS THROWN IN FRONT OF THEM!! Its JTCS version 2.02 or nothing! 

OK, no problem, let the old farts stay with JTCS 2.02.

When Vietnam comes on line, JTCS 2.02 will be eventually a distant memory for me on this rig.

Take care Randy and have a nice day!! Wink

? Don't get the diss? The updates EF/WF are going to be based on JTCS or am I mistaken. Sorry, I don't like your referencing players refusal to change. Your generalizing in a negative way, not a good approach.  If the updates are good improvements why would I not like it. But if the games of EF/ WF is unrecognizable to JTCS. Then I suggest a name change so as not to confuse it with CS.
CS Its a great game on which the future EF/WF will be based. It deserves love. 

I'm glad Jason is making the Vietnam. If the game is good I will happily play it. But If had to buy it on your negative emotional spiel it would be a no buy. 
I was glad Jason made CSME but it was not what I am looking for. I don't like Modern warfare that much. Also, what turned me off, is that it is  1.desert warfare in a lopsided war. 2.Modern war in the desert (battle done miles away). Not appealing to this gamer. From most accounts the battles are not balanced. Don't hold it against someone for not choosing that game. There are very good reasons for not making that purchase

Definitely, One thing only I won't change is my moral code. I guess that makes me an old fart in that way. But I'm at peace with that. Every change, I evaluate before I implement change. No, change is not always good or better.

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Herr Straße Laufer - 02-21-2021

Zap, I think John was being facetious.
It's OK. Let him go.

All things "modern" are not always the best.
We buy old houses. We collect old cars. We do things the "old fashioned" way because they are the right way to do it.

As far as the game is concerned. I'm not a big fan of ME. Gave it away and recently thought I might even purchase it again. But, posts that tell me ME and Vietnam are replacing CS just turns me off.

Not because I am old. Not because I do not want to see upgrades. I love CS like someone loves their '65 Shelby Cobra or their '70 Porsche or their mid century home or Victorian.

I'm honestly not sure if I will like any change to CS. From what I have seen in ME and glimpses of Vietnam I know I will not like some of the changes and they may be too large an obstacle for me to overcome. If I already do not like the LOS rules and loath Extreme Assault how am I going to be receptive if it is foisted upon CS in it's new iteration?
I do now know that I will not be purchasing either. Not because of the rules. I really have no interest in gaming Vietnam and I am more a WWII buff that ME does not provide. Why waste the time or money? It does not make me an old fart. It makes me a person who would rather play a WWII scenario than a modern one. When they come out with EF III I'll give it a look. Or, preview. But, if it plays like ME I most likely will not even bother. Time is too valuable to waste?

Is the new stuff going to be great. Time will tell. For those who will see it, twenty or more years. Then it will be as successful as CS?
I'm not going to put them down. I won't call someone names because they like it.

At that point I may just call it quits after all the "old farts" transition to the new stuff version III, XI, XXL or whatever.

What I won't stand for is being called names due to it. Hopefully all members here that want to throw out version 2.02 will not feel the need to put the members down that do actually like the version over the new.
Laugh at my '65 Shelby if you like. I won't laugh at your Prius.

Farmer

HSL

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Hawk Kriegsman - 02-22-2021

I am also in the camp that takes offense to CSME being called the "bitch" of the CS series by Randy, but for a very different reason. 

Randy is dead wrong. 

Everyone knows the RS is the "bitch" of CS series.  Whistle

Shame on you Randy

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Hawk Kriegsman - 02-22-2021

A cautionary warning to all. 

The greatest wargame in history IMHO was Squad Leader by AH.  Absolutely fantastic and a lot of CS was based off it. 

Then came the first expansions.  Ok some nice adds, more nations, more units, more scenarios, not terrible.  

The came even more expansions.  Ok really niche items (heroes anyone), really niche abilities, more rules. 

The came Advanced Squad Leader that had rules so complex the had to come in a color coded binder that was as large as any textbook I had in college. 

The morale of the story.  Advanced Squad Leader was an unplayable mess that ultimately ruined AH. 

Careful what you wish for.

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - RedDevil - 02-22-2021

(02-22-2021, 07:25 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: I am also in the camp that takes offense to CSME being called the "bitch" of the CS series by Randy, but for a very different reason. 

Randy is dead wrong. 

Everyone knows the RS is the "bitch" of CS series.  Whistle

Shame on you Randy

LOL  I think divided ground gets the top ranking.. Jester

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Herr Straße Laufer - 02-22-2021

(02-22-2021, 07:33 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: A cautionary warning to all. 

The came Advanced Squad Leader that had rules so complex the had to come in a color coded binder that was as large as any textbook I had in college. 

The morale of the story.  Advanced Squad Leader was an unplayable mess that ultimately ruined AH. 

Careful what you wish for.

LOL! I've been saying that since I stepped down as ladder commander. Helmet Rolleyes 
Thanks for saying it again. I stopped saying it when I kept getting shouted down. LOL! Rolling Eyes 

Yes, Randy,  Divided Ground is more the bitch. I've been playing a lot of RS lately and there are many gems to be played in it and quite the different playing tactics than WF/EF.

I like to enjoy what I play. That is why I've been so protective of CS. When they make it un-enjoyable, as those who morphed SL into ASL, I will surely stop playing. Unless there are other players like me.
I do know that I did not like ME and I'm sure I won't Vietnam. I won't waste time or money on them.

Farmer

HSL

RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 - Scud - 02-23-2021

You all realize that this is the thread for the players in the "Pursuit of Glory" tournament? There are a handful of posters not taking part, so this thread isn't the place for your opinions on ME. The people taking part in the tourny obviously like the game, so...

db