• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Tournaments Area (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Thread: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament (/showthread.php?tid=73080)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament - Hawk Kriegsman - 08-25-2020

The first turn has been exchanged with my Tommies doing some damage to the advancing Germans.

I am sure Dan's Germans will have a swift response.

RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament - Hawk Kriegsman - 09-10-2020

A hard fought battle between Dan and myself has concluded.  I am fortunate to survive the German assault with a minor win.

After a bit of a slow start Dan came on strong and was battering my troops into submission.  If he had two more turns we would have had a different result.

Well played Dan!

RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament - Herr Straße Laufer - 09-10-2020

Respect4 Good job guys! Two fine opponents duked it out.

Farmer

HSL

RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament - Scud - 09-10-2020

The latest bracket has been posted. Ade and Hawk will be going toe-to-toe in the semi-final round in the west over "A Small Bridge". Emails to both will go out shortly and hostilities can begin.

Nice Job, Hawk, on the round 8 win and good luck in the semi. Condolences to Dan who finishes 4th overall. Pretty good.

Dave

RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament - Hawk Kriegsman - 09-10-2020

(09-10-2020, 08:02 AM)Scud Wrote: The latest bracket has been posted. Ade and Hawk will be going toe-to-toe in the semi-final round in the west over "A Small Bridge". Emails to both will go out shortly and hostilities can begin.

Nice Job, Hawk, on the round 8 win and good luck in the semi. Condolences to Dan who finishes 4th overall. Pretty good.

Dave

Thanks much Dave,

I was hopping to get through a couple of rounds, never thinking I would get on the podium.

It has been a fun tourney for sure.

RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament - Hawk Kriegsman - 09-13-2020

The semi-final between Ade and myself is underway with turn 1 complete and casualties on both sides. 

Should be quite the fight.

RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament - Dan Caviness - 09-14-2020

Music time...the Fat Lady cleared her throat and it's about time to sing...
"I fought the Hawk...and the...Hawk won!"...;)

You youngsters out there may need help..."I fought the law...and the...law won"   One of 1966's big hits.
If you don't remember The Bobby Fuller Four...you are better off...count yourself lucky and save the neurons for important matters.

Erik did a number on me and is being far to gracious in victory.
While I did stir up some dust...the end was never in doubt...as Erik alluded...we ran out of turns...which was also caused by my dithering around for a few turns figuring out where to run and gun next.

It was a fun scenario, you don't see many ambush layouts in the CS series.
I definitely played it Eric style.  Turns out that Eric vs. Erik does NOT work...lol...

Not to dissemble, I'm no slouch, but I've been fighting above my weight class.
I am very happy (and frankly amazed) to have made the quarterfinals.

Back to my basement dungeon for more Scenario Design I say... Whip

Best of luck to all the surviving warriors...girding their loins for further digital destruction.
cheers

Regards,

Dan

RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament - Outlaw Josey Wales - 09-14-2020

[quote pid='439185' dateline='1600031935']

Not to dissemble, I'm no slouch, but I've been fighting above my weight class.
[/quote]

I know a thing or two about that.  Always above my weight class.   Big Grin

RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament - Hawk Kriegsman - 09-15-2020

Thanks for the kind words Dan. 

As for "I Fought the Law".

It was written by Sonny Curtis in 1960 when he joined The Crickets on guitar after Buddy Holly's death. Earl Sinks  was the singer.  It was on the album "In Style With the Crickets".  It received little to no airplay.

It was release by The Bobby Fuller Four in December of 1965.  The song comes in both mono and stereo versions with variations in the guitar work and vocals. 

Bobby Fuller was found dead six months later of an apparent suicide. Many believe he was murdered. 

The song was also released in the US by The Clash in July, 1979.  This song got the band into the limelight in the US. 

And finally to tweak Dan's little ditty.

Broken tanks on the French Somme,  I fought the Hawk and the Hawk won.     Whistle

RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament - Scud - 09-17-2020

The final round begins! Ade670 will face Dawags, once again, for the winner-take-all. Dale has not lost a game, whereas Ade (at the hands of Dale) has. Ade faces elimination; if Dale loses there will be one more playoff round.

Condolences to Hawk, who finishes third overall! Nice job.

Good luck guys. The scenario assignment is posted on the first page. You will need to download the custom scenario from the H2H section.

Dave