• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Introducing Wargame Design Studios - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Panzer Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=280)
+--- Thread: Introducing Wargame Design Studios (/showthread.php?tid=69911)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Introducing Wargame Design Studios - Strela - 09-13-2016

(09-12-2016, 11:23 PM)Xaver Wrote: Thanks for the info.

With this info looks like desert is going to offer some cover for infantry (or at least enought to create defensive zones for poor infantry supported by AT) and at same time give room to move armor.

I am curious about changes in the AT model at range combat and the impact combined with infantry in good defensive positions.

Talking about defensive... do you explore the idea to remove the feature that made when an unit leave a defensive position this lose 50% of defensive value??? at least for trenches and heavier defensive positions, sometimes is a little .... play moving non first line combat units to mantein the max number of defensive positions operative when you move combat units to the combat (HQ, AA units...) and well, lets see if we can see some "sand screens" to help defensive and offensive when units move or shot.

The cover for infantry and AT guns is working exactly as you mention. You can set up a screen of infantry and guns and be undetected until they open fire.

In one test game we saw a British Tank Regiment decimated in a turn or two due to these hidden defenses in depth.

As far as the AT model, it seems to work better than I expected. I may even consider tweaking for the first two games but will be careful here as it impacts every fire value. Maybe one to try out in the Demo once it's available.

As far as the 'vacant' rule - again something that can be considered. Possibly something we can tie to the owning player.

David

RE: Introducing Wargame Design Studios - Xaver - 09-13-2016

Nice, looks promising the changes in AT combat.

Maybe here other point where can help the change is with PanzerJagers and similar "nimble" AT vehicles to be effective on their AT role (and maybe made that kind of "ninja" vehicles based in ambush or search info in a furtive mode suffer less VS direct fire).

Vacant rule for me is like you said, an alternative rule and maybe allways affect improved defensive positions, a trench, bunker-pillbox is not the kind of defensive position that leave it some time reduce their effectivity unlike improved positions that even could be damage when are abandoned.

Any way sounds great the use of demo as test area... you dont consider rush release of demo with only 1 scen to start testing new features-changes that could be added to PzB3 when be released???

Thanks and continue with hard work.

RE: Introducing Wargame Design Studios - Xaver - 09-16-2016

Thanks for the new piece of info about Melame scen, the OOB looks interesting and is nice see greek troops present, maybe something i dont understand is why greek troops and RAF troops are C quality... the prison guards are C because they had good performance but i think the other 2 needs be D or even E (if i dont remember bad in Salerno Crete scen one regiment was B, Perovolians or was Perivolians??? C and others F).

Maori troops looks dangerous... and i think their assault value is going to be  Yikes

Another question... when you are going to update the 76mm gun image??? is present since Smolensk41 and i think is time to replace it for something better or at least define better the wheel graphic... even use a diferent coulour instead grey could help a little.

http://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2016/09/16/the-allied-order-of-battle-at-maleme-crete/

PD: ooo and new scen for Kursk, and if you read the post appears Demo to  Helmet Wink

http://thesharpendgaming.blogspot.com.es/2016/09/panzer-battles-siivertsi-bridgehead.html

Less hexy rivers, streams etc - phoenix - 09-23-2016

[attachment=4422]

Following on from a conversation about less hexy rivers, streams etc over in the WDS blog on map creation for Crete, here's a pic, David, of what i think are less hexy rivers and streams, taken from PC Tunisia43. I'm not sure if they're original or if I modded them this way a long time ago. If I modded them then I'm not happy with the colours, but I am happy with the slightly more naturalistic look, especially the smaller stream. 

Peter

RE: Introducing Wargame Design Studios - Xaver - 09-24-2016

The tool to create maps looks very powerfull and usefull... specially in combination with the change in how sell games... i refer that the idea of have a demo that can work as game base for DLCs (packs of scenarios) open a great area to recreate more "exotic" actions in WWII or even in pre and post WWII (i think in a good preview for things like Korea, spanish civil war, WWI...) that could finish with their own solo title if interest is high.

Maybe here with the improvements in map art... you dont think in introduce "special" buildings and special constructed terrain types (apart the use of unused terrains to add new terrain types)??? i refer for example add things like the fort from CS serie (that could be usefull in a desert title) or/and add a "fortified" terrain type where you CANT build defensive works (IPs, trenches, bunkers) that could be destroyed like villages by fire and combat with a reduction of defensive value (if you cant create the optional rule to remove the degradation of defensive works when are abandoned this could be a good option, predefined defensive works) and at same time this kind of terrain type could work like non clear terrain offering a camo value to units inside it.

Maybe we can learn more about this next week with the graphics post.

PD: i expect all works fine to have game ASAP (maybe next summer if all works fine and if not... post summer hehehe) and i am not the only one i know at least 2 guys more that are waiting PzB3 with interest hehehe.

RE: Introducing Wargame Design Studios - phoenix - 09-24-2016

Hope there's more than 3 or 4 out there waiting for it, Xaver.......

RE: Introducing Wargame Design Studios - Joeyeti - 10-07-2016

Some nice work here guys! Keep it up!

RE: Introducing Wargame Design Studios - Strela - 10-09-2016

(10-07-2016, 09:18 AM)Joeyeti Wrote: Some nice work here guys! Keep it up!

Thanks Joeyeti.

We continue to keep the blog up to date so if you want to keep track of what we're up to just keep an eye on the 'Latest Updates' at http://www.wargamedesignstudio.com

David

RE: Introducing Wargame Design Studios - Xaver - 10-09-2016

Maybe i miss in last blog entry the map graphics... i expect learn more about new terrain types and specially i was curious about the airfield hexes (if they can offer elevated terrain to improve vision range all around).

Apart this learn more about game is good, i expect we can know more about demo and PzB3 soon, the hype train needs leave the station Horse2 Big Grin

PD: maybe update the demo info??? i am still curious about the company HQ for marines and japanese troops and how they impact game... maybe they work like the brigade HQs in FWWI serie like a penalization to split to much company platoons???

RE: Introducing Wargame Design Studios - phoenix - 10-11-2016

David, another example - a propos of your efforts to make PB3 maps more natural -  of 'naturalistic' rivers and streams and roads (and realistically sized villages). This is from the original vanilla 1.02 Kharkov 43 PC game. Personally, I don't like the trees too much in this pallet but the rivers, streams, roads, rail and villages/towns are, for me, much better, because scaled to give a better impression of actual distance and not hexy at all. And this is, of course, a JTS game. So it would seem possible to draw these features in a less angular way? Your villages, towns, trees etc are already, imho, better than this (in the small version), but I wonder if these rivers and streams look slightly more natural?

Peter

[attachment=4434]