• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Top of the day - AotR - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Squad Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Top of the day - AotR (/showthread.php?tid=68730)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Top of the day - AotR - Outlaw Josey Wales - 04-08-2016

My favorite graphics of the games I have played are the 3d look of the vehicles in CS series and the Sudden Strike series I used to have years ago. What you have done here looks like a top view 2d version of those. It is excellent work.

I for one, feel that if a great game is made, the graphics deserve to match the game and should not be overlooked. I'd love to see this work in all the SBs titles I have. Same goes for the 2d relief map in PBs series. I'd like to see that in SBs, PzCs/MCs and ACW series as well.

RE: Top of the day - AotR - Richie61 - 04-08-2016

(04-08-2016, 03:01 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: My favorite graphics of the games I have played are the 3d look of the vehicles in CS series and the Sudden Strike series I used to have years ago.  What you have done here looks like a top view 2d version of those.  It is excellent work.

I for one, feel that if a great game is made, the graphics deserve to match the game and should not be overlooked.  I'd love to see this work in all the SBs titles I have.  Same goes for the 2d relief map in PBs series.  I'd like to see that in SBs, PzCs/MCs and ACW series as well.

Mark,

You like the 3D look like this? Well kinda 2D/ 3D.

[Image: RV-PG-9_zps1cc7f68a.jpg]

RE: Top of the day - AotR - Outlaw Josey Wales - 04-09-2016

3D in CS. These should be total 2D. Having the option to play with top or side view would be great.

RE: Top of the day - AotR - Richie61 - 05-09-2016

Forgot to post these ones.  Big Grin

[Image: Nam-WIP1_zps34balo6q.jpg]

[Image: Nam-WIP2_zps2mwpejs6.png]
I didn't make the M4A3 Wink
[Image: US%20Rocket%20units_zps66pu8n0w.png][Image: Soviet%20tanks%201_zps7vy3nfcv.png]

RE: Top of the day - AotR - Richie61 - 05-09-2016

So my battle buddy Dan gave me a great idea for top down infantry in WWI for gas masks on and off.

I think the little image of a gas mask will work! Smile

[Image: FWW-Inf-1_zpswykylpzb.png]

RE: Top of the day - AotR - Richie61 - 05-10-2016

Quick test.

[Image: FWW-Inf-2_zpsnzzulurp.png]

In game test. Germans (late) vs US Marines. With masks and w/o.

[Image: FWW-Inf-3_zpsrtlibis3.png]

[Image: FWW-AFV-1_zps3gjnr1ht.png]

RE: Top of the day - AotR - Compass Rose - 05-11-2016

Great stuff, Ed.

As to my 2Cents I really like the Allies gas mask image. 

The German one does look as good as the Allies, to me.  Maybe it is the angle of the image.

I am not sure if having the same side view angle of the Allies image would work good for a Germans, or not.

RE: Top of the day - AotR - Richie61 - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 07:28 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Great stuff, Ed.

As to my 2Cents I really like the Allies gas mask image. 

The German one does look as good as the Allies, to me.  Maybe it is the angle of the image.

I am not sure if having the same side view angle of the Allies image would work good for a Germans, or not.

I think the German helmet gets lost in the camo on the helmet. Something to look into and maybe change the camo to
plain old gray.