• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Bulge 16.01s alt - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tiller Operational Campaigns (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: TOC AAR/DAR Forum (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+---- Thread: Bulge 16.01s alt (/showthread.php?tid=67856)

RE: Bulge 16.01s alt - Plain Ian - 06-11-2015

Turn 44 German – La Gleize
[Image: 2015-06-10_20h22_47.png]

Well the 2-120th got pounded but remains undisrupted and clinging to Green Fatigue. Fatigue 95 and Morale A.

The 3-36th Arm Inf managed some good return fire against the Pioneer northern group.

The 3-32nd Tanks lost 2 M4’s.

D/2-32nd TNK also lost 2 tanks (M5’s) when a KG of Peipers Pz IV’s (XX) turned up supported by infantry from Pz Bde 150. Group (D)

The interesting part was he did not follow me at SPA? No King Tigers. Instead my patrols have picked up quite a column on the SPA road???? Groups (A), (B), [C].

HQ’ seen are from Peiper and 3rd FJD. As probably are most of the A/T guns.

There are 2 deployed SPG units (1st SS?) which I haven’t labelled at the back.

Quite a collection of Disrupted units. I think these are his screening forces for the attack on SPA.

Turn 44 German – Elsenborn

[Image: 2015-06-10_21h10_42.png]

Well a quick summary goes like this.

A/38th lost 7 Greyhounds to ground fire and artillery.

613th TD was well beaten up by a succession of German super tanks who wheeled up one by one. It did kill a ‘vehicle’ with return fire but I think this was an armoured car. 11 x M18’s were lost.

745th Tanks lost 5 x M4’s but remains in reasonable order. (24 x M4’s Fat 36 Mor B) It Disrupted a 3rd PGD infantry unit (5 men) and killed a StuG.

62nd FA Bn lost an M7 Priest.

535th AAA lost quite a few guns although these were recorded as Vehicles?

The 2-120th lost an amazing 95 men. Most to ground fire from KG A and KG B. Werfer/artillery fire probably accounted for 60% though. The LXVII Army Korps mortar tank was a nasty piece of work.

I didn’t see too many enemy losses apart from what the 745th Tank Bn did.

So not looking too good here.........

Hope you don't mind the screenshots for enemy unit composition. Its a 2 second job to capture this in PZC tab menu and saves me typing.

End of US Turn 44

Phase Losses
[Image: 2015-06-10_22h14_33.png]

Turn Losses - Graphed
[Image: 2015-06-10_22h14_09.png]

Will post maps of my turn tomorrow night. I closed gap but I will probably lose quite a few tanks/TD's next turn. He is promising a big push at Dawn!

RE: Bulge 16.01s alt - Plain Ian - 06-12-2015

Turn 44 Allied – south

[Image: 2015-06-11_17h06_43.png]

[A] 704th TD /19th Tank/2-12th pulled back to join 10th Tank in woods north of Brouch. 704th has 14 M18’s left. I can’t see them surviving.

[B] D/10 Tnk pulled back and loses another tank when it moves......D/70 Tnk has only 4 M5’s.

[C] 803rd TD with its 3 M10’s is pulled out of the way. Unit has fought from Day 1 and I think started at 40 tanks.

[D] I advanced one of the Tank Bn’s to see what was in Boevange. No fire was triggered and it revealed that he has further armour and infantry in the village and at the bridge.
I pulled the 3 Tank Bn’s of 4th Armoured back. I suspect he will start to use ‘move/fire/retreat back’ tactics against my armour so there is no point in leaving them sitting in Clear terrain where he can do this.

[E] I’ve formed a screen using my Armoured Infantry. 51st Armoured Infantry will patrol the village.

Artillery results are on the map. I targeted the two infantry units in his armour stack south of Boevange. I also targeted each infantry unit adjacent to 11th/70th Tank Bn. I used 11th Tank which was not a wise decision as I lost an M4 in 70th Tank Bn. It now has 4 tanks left......
I used artillery on the Spotted target and got 2 guns.

Brouch is garrisoned with 2 small companies which will be easy prey to artillery if he advances a ‘spotter’ unit into the Clear terrain in front of it. However I want to get this hex up to TRENCH level so they must Dig and take their chances.

Turn 44 Allied - Magerotte

[Image: 2015-06-11_21h03_44.png]

High level map. Shows positions of 80th Division and casualties from artillery/firefights with the FBB. (Fuhrer Begleit Bde)

I guess I came out on top although both Para Bn's are now into the Yellow fatigue. One of his Pioneers units must be pretty fatigued as well.

Turn 44 Allied – La Gleize-Spa

[Image: 2015-06-11_21h39_57.png]

[A] 2-120th mounted up and pulled back. 5 men lost. A Deception/Commando unit was killed this turn so T mode is back in use for the la Gleize area.

[B] Heavy fire used against the SS Pioneers in the northern group by 3-36th Arm Infantry. Very little return fire. 61 men killed. 3-116th and 3-120th also targeted the Pioneers and they Broke and fled.
3-32nd Armour then targeted the SPG’s and killed 4 with no effective return from enemy....if I was Michael watching this replay I’d be picking up the LCD and throwing it out the window........no reply from the Ai????

[C] I used the heaviest artillery I had (155mm) against his Pz Iv’s in Clear terrain. 2 tanks killed. I also targeted the infantry.

[D] I advanced the 526th Infantry thinking that they could act as artillery spotters. No they can’t, its the most useless unit on the map as its subordinated to 1st Army HQ and cannot be changed. It got Disrupted when the Koenig Tiger stack materialised next to it and opened fire.

[E] and [F] I advanced two Para Bns to act as spotters. The 39 men killed were from 150th Pz Bde Half Track XXX unit. The 3-517th also killed a gun from the SS stack.

I wasn’t keen on moving forward. I have only a thin line of Battalions with no reserve behind them to stop him advancing north, if he choses to go that way. However I think his objective is Spa so he won’t be coming after me in this direction.

His losses were not heavy in terms of men/guns but maybe fatigue will be more of a concern for him. I can only assume he moved up quickly, and was going to deploy and move north a hex to screen/protect the road.

I know he still has II SS Pz Korps but I would be surprised if he sends it to Spa as things look pretty congested for him.

Only Elsenborn area to show. Not much to see really. I ran away as best as I could in the Hofen area and held north of Sourbrodt. I think I killed 2 StuG's of 3rd PGD and 12 men losing 8.

I will wait for Michaels turn and post his moves to show the position here.

RE: Bulge 16.01s alt - Plain Ian - 06-16-2015

Turn 45 German – north (Sourbrodt – Monschau)

[Image: 2015-06-14_13h15_56.png]

Weather has turned to MUD. This is the last Night Turn before dawn.

[A] Bn from 326th VGD appears. There is no fire or artillery against the C/38 Cav (18 Greyhounds Morale B fat 13) in Monschau? Possibly he doesn’t want to risk RUBBLE.

[B] Tank column follows up our retreating troops. Contains a company of 12th SS Panthers and a company of King Tigers. (PzAOK6) Together with Column [C] they target the AAA unit in the Woods. C/535th AAA loses 6 guns and is left with 8 gun No Morale and Fat 207 Disrupted. 2-393rd to sw receives some artillery. (581 men F Morale Fat 150 Disrupted)

[D] 3rd PGD units start a fire fight with adjacent units. The 2-38th north of it and two Engineer units sw of it. (291st and 2nd Combat) The combat doesn’t quite go their way. 291st and 2-38th are heavily fatigued (190+) the 2nd is good with fatigue at 32.

[E] The 2-9th and its sister Batallion 3-9th were pounded by phenomenal Werfer and artillery barrages. Despite being in Swamp (-40%) they both lost 40-50 men each. I saw one barrage which took 16 men! There were no ground attacks by the adjacent Assault Gun group.

The artillery assault on my 9th was a bit ominous? Does it mean that he is preparing a massive strike up the Verviers road by his II SS Korps?

Turn 45 German – Spa

[Image: 2015-06-14_13h47_07.png]

[A] The 526th came under fire from the KG Peiper losing 19 men, then was hit by an assault which killed a further 51 and threw it back to the nw. It is currently Disrupted with Fatigue 130.

[B] [C] the 1-119th was hit by ground and artillery in its exposed position. 126 men in total were lost. It will have to pull back. This was an expensive move. I might bring the 3-517th forward and the 1-517th to cover it?
The self propelled artillery south of the 3-517th have moved away.

[D] A Bn from 3rd FJD moved up to support the Peiper armour (Pz IV’s) and infantry from 150th Bde. 4 men lost. An assault was launched which was repelled with the losss of an M5? Result was 4 men/1 vehicle? I can only assume it was the 150th Bde which attempted it.
A KG Hansen recon unit also moved up and exchanged fire with the 105th.

I’m hoping that the units beside the 105th begin to suffer Low Fuel/Ammo now that the Clear terrain has turned to Marsh. Supply is traced using Motorised movement and of course motorised units cannot enter Swamp. (unless they go On Foot) So he will have to trace supply through the woods to the Spa-Franchorchamps road?

Turn 45 German - Basse- Bodeaux

[Image: 2015-06-14_20h30_22.png]

[A] D/ 40 TNK lost 2 M5's to artillery and another 75mm ATG's.

[B] His other Pak group followed up my retreating units and acted as spotters for his artillery.

[C] 116th Pz Div still trundling after me. He's reinforced the Assault Guns with the Pz V Panther Battalion.

[D] Enemy units have finally arrived south of the river. Thats a nasty looking armoured mortar unit.

[E] and [F] He's shifted some armour north to reinforce his Pioneers. [F] There was no fire or artillery at La Gleize? He must have saved it for Spa? Group [E] still has a formidable amount of armour.