• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Looking for play testers - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Looking for play testers (/showthread.php?tid=51575)

Pages: 1 2

Looking for play testers - Larry Reese - 06-01-2009

Greetings folks,

Haven't really been around here in a long while, but have been playing a few games and in Earl's long-running Kursk campaign. I'd like to have a few folks who are interested in play testing a scenario I put together many years ago but never really distributed. It's VERY large and long, and comes with an extensive Word document. If anyone is interested I'd be appreciative of all feedback.

Best regards,

Larry Reese

RE: Looking for play testers - Jason Petho - 06-02-2009

Send me the scenario files with a turn, Larry. I would be happy to give it a go.

Jason Petho

RE: Looking for play testers - Cole - 06-02-2009

Larry,

Same here if you still have room for another tester.

RE: Looking for play testers - Feldgeneral Hoth - 06-02-2009

Hello Larry.

Count with me if there is a free slot. I'm a fanatic of testing :-)

Chema

RE: Looking for play testers - Larry Reese - 06-02-2009

Jason, Cole, Chema,

Okay guys, turns and files will go out tonight. And I greatly appreciate it - if you take a look at it and are turned off, no biggie. I think the scenario demonstrates alot about the strengths and weaknesses of both sides but am still tweaking overall balance, timing of releases, and victory point calibrations.

Hope you have some fun with it.

Larry Reese

RE: Looking for play testers - Larry Reese - 06-03-2009

Oh, something that may throw a monkey wrench in the works: this was designed in TS EFII with the Blitz expansion pack. Will this work for you guys using the Matrix editions? Is there a conversion that can be done? I personally don't have the Matrix set but could probably muster up the energy to order it if I had to.

Thanks,

LR

RE: Looking for play testers - Jason Petho - 06-03-2009

Larry Reese Wrote:Oh, something that may throw a monkey wrench in the works: this was designed in TS EFII with the Blitz expansion pack. Will this work for you guys using the Matrix editions? Is there a conversion that can be done? I personally don't have the Matrix set but could probably muster up the energy to order it if I had to.

The files will work in the Matrix version, but do require everyone using the Matrix version if that is the case.

Jason Petho

RE: Looking for play testers - Guderian - 06-03-2009

@ Jason

Can you clarify which scenarios can be played with the current version of JTCS? I was under the impression that only scenarios that come with JTCS can be played, and that custom scenarios can not be played at all with JTCS unless they have been upgraded to JTCS standard, e.g. like Von Earlmann's scenarios.

RE: Looking for play testers - Jason Petho - 06-03-2009

Guderian Wrote:@ Jason

Can you clarify which scenarios can be played with the current version of JTCS? I was under the impression that only scenarios that come with JTCS can be played, and that custom scenarios can not be played at all with JTCS unless they have been upgraded to JTCS standard, e.g. like Von Earlmann's scenarios.

The vast majority of scenarios can be played under the Matrix version. There may be a rare few oddities in unit types when playing a scenario that was designed using EF2 PB1, but they should mostly convert seemlessly.

Original East Front scenarios will not work. (East Front 1.08)

Otherwise, everything else should function with little issue.

Jason Petho

RE: Looking for play testers - Larry Reese - 06-03-2009

Okay folks, I just bought the Matrix games version. Will install and test to see if the files work. If they do, I'll e-mail them out tomorrow.

LR

That is, unless anyone wants them in the old format. I plan on leaving it installed until I'm sure the Matrix version is up and running flawlessly. BTW, are there updates needed for this matrix version?