• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Blowing bridges - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tiller Operational Campaigns (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Blowing bridges (/showthread.php?tid=50673)

Blowing bridges - James Ward - 03-25-2009

I was playing Stalingrad as the Russians. There are some full water hex bridges that apparently are wired. I know this because an entire unit of 600+ cavalry troopers were blown up crossing one.
Is there a way to un-wire a bridge?
Is there a way to reduce the chance of one blowing if it can't be un-wired?

RE: Blowing bridges - Hadge - 03-25-2009

James

Don't feel bad about losing a big Cav unit that way ...you're not the first (I Know)

The short answer is unfortunately "no" to both questions.

The probabilty of a bridge going up is set by the designer in the parameter data...and unlike a hexside bridge the full hex bridges dont go up till you are ON them

You're best solution to the problem is to lead with a very small unit and hope for the best

Good Luck

Chris

RE: Blowing bridges - Mr Grumpy - 03-25-2009

A penal unit driven on by the guns of the NVKD would have been a better choice. :eek1:

RE: Blowing bridges - Volcano Man - 03-25-2009

Yes... and a nice battalion of T-34s would be the worst choice, --I think this happened to someone recently. :(

If it is any consolation, the probability for a full hex bridge being blown up is usually quite low, so you just simply had very bad luck. Not sure if that helps though...

RE: Blowing bridges - MasnarT - 03-25-2009

yep....... bad luck Violin

RE: Blowing bridges - Lowlander - 03-25-2009

Welcome to the club, I always learn the hard way, phew felt a slight flush com'in on.

RE: Blowing bridges - James Ward - 03-25-2009

I have another question about full water hexes and bridges. Can you build a bridge over a full water hex with a bridge engineer? I have been trying to build one for a few days and no luck.

RE: Blowing bridges - JDR Dragoon - 03-25-2009

James Ward Wrote:I have another question about full water hexes and bridges. Can you build a bridge over a full water hex with a bridge engineer? I have been trying to build one for a few days and no luck.

If the pontoon value in the .pdt is non-zero you can. It will take a number of turns based on the pontoon value from the .pdt file and a skill check based on Morale.

RE: Blowing bridges - James Ward - 03-26-2009

JDR Dragoon Wrote:
James Ward Wrote:I have another question about full water hexes and bridges. Can you build a bridge over a full water hex with a bridge engineer? I have been trying to build one for a few days and no luck.

If the pontoon value in the .pdt is non-zero you can. It will take a number of turns based on the pontoon value from the .pdt file and a skill check based on Morale.

Thanks. Guess they are working and not just goofing off!