• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Fix for Divided Ground Visisble Hexes Bug - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Fix for Divided Ground Visisble Hexes Bug (/showthread.php?tid=42858)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Fix for Divided Ground Visisble Hexes Bug - junk2drive - 11-16-2008

bump for the newcomers to DG and DGVN

RE: Fix for Divided Ground Visisble Hexes Bug - Ivan - 11-16-2008

Thanks,

I've just downloaded the fix. It was an annoying niggle.

RE: Fix for Divided Ground Visisble Hexes Bug - 1925frank - 11-16-2008

I'm computer challenged. When I left-click, I see the hexes. When I right-click, I get a number of options, but none of them stand out as the one I want to download it into my Divided Ground directory.

I went to the downloads, and there's a 1.02 patch, but I believe I already have that, and it doesn't cure the problem.

Anyone care to lend me hand and explain how to download this?

RE: Fix for Divided Ground Visisble Hexes Bug - junk2drive - 11-16-2008

Right click, from the popout click Save target as...
Then navigate to your DG folder.
You should get an overwrite warning, click OK

Thanks, Junk2drive, that seems to have worked, unless I bungled it in some other manner.

Well, I was able to overwrite the file, and I no longer have the blue hexes, but I have a different problem. I appear to have a two maps competing for the same screen. When I launched, I got a warning regarding the 4d.bmp file.

I didn't back up the original file, but I can always uninstall and reinstall, so that's not beyond my computer abilities, but does anyone have any idea what I could have done wrong?

Edit: My computer shows the Brown4d.bmp file exists but the file is empty.

2nd Edit: Fixed it. The file initially was downloaded as "attachment." For some reason that was the default name. When I realized this, I tried a second time and changed the save name form "attachment" to "Brown4d.bmp" and downloaded it. But it didn't work. As noted above, the Brown4d.bmp file was empty.

I looked for an "attachment" file and found one. I deleted the empty Brown4d.bmp file and changed the name of the "attachment" file to "Brown4d.bmp" and now everything works fine. The Brown5d.bmp still has a problem, but I never use the 5d map. If I want that view, I use the 2d maps.

Thanks a million. I use the 4d maps frequently, so this is a great enhancement.

RE: Fix for Divided Ground Visisble Hexes Bug - junk2drive - 11-17-2008

Warhorse, this doesn't seem to fix desert maps, just Med.

Do you have one for desert too?

Edit: Since JTCS WF NA maps don't seem to have this problem, can I just copy and paste those files into DG?