• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Tournaments (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+----- Forum: Ratzki's "Little Saturn" Tournament (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+----- Thread: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls (/showthread.php?tid=51414)

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Ratzki - 06-17-2009

You got it, I will try not to post important information on 3 hours sleep.:)

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Ratzki - 06-19-2009

After a full out attack by Russian forces, your KG "C" manages to hold on to everything west of the train tracks. You heard the radio orders from KG "A" HQ for a general withdrawl immediately to the south, it would appear like the Russians that you just faced have linked up wth those fighting KG "A". No information on any Russian forces were gained by your men.
Your losses are as follows:
[attachment=2241]

I will be compiling the maps and posting the new front lines as the last couple battles finish.

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - cargol - 06-20-2009

I m confused, to which train tracks u are reffering to?
North Map didnt had any train tracks at all.
And how can the Russians that i was fighting linked with the Russians from KG A?
At my battle Russkies have taken a North East and North West portion of the map while KG A is South from KG C.
In order for the Russkies to linked as u said they should have taken The South part of the map where my forces are .
One more thing u ve mentioned that KG A is retreating to the South but there is KG B if they are to retreat they should retreat to the West.
Only if the road towards West is blocked they should retreat to another direction.
I may be wrong or didnt get sthing there could u please put some light :)
Thanks Herr Ratzki!

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Ratzki - 06-20-2009

Below is the train tracks that I am refering to. They are there, you just may have not seen them.
[Image: Clarification.png]
The next point of confusion was probably mine, yes it should read West and not South as for the direction of the retreat, this was the direction that it appeared they were travelling from the turns that I saw.
The 3rd point comes from the distortion of the map and the limits of the editor. Plus, your map and the one from the centre battle do not line up but are staggred, this is not a gridded map, nor are the maps premade, but I make them up as needed in the locations needed. To get a better idea, you might be best to zoom into the town from the link provided back in the post a ways. Remember where the units were placed and calculate the battlemaps positions on the Google map link.The bottom flag in the trees to the east is where the North map joins the Centre map. With the retreat of Joonny and the flags that willow was able to control, there would be no German squads between the two Russian forces and the distance would only be a few hundred yards.
Hope this clears things up. When I get the final couple of games and draw the overview map, it will be more clear. (I hope) If you want me to draw an unofficial map now I will, it would not be much work, if you need more clarification.

Thanks Ratzki now things are much clear than they were :)
If u dont mind and its not much of an effort i d like to see the map
even if in that stage is not the final version.
Thanks for the clarification

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Ratzki - 06-20-2009

Here is a quick look at what I am talking about. Hope this helps.
[Image: Clarification2.png]

Cool, thanks

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Ratzki - 06-21-2009

I just finished the updated map, so here it is. Let me know if I have missed anything. The Southern battle is still underway so really just showing your units in the area.
[Image: UpdateGerman1.png]

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Glider - 06-21-2009

A bit of help with symbols? I recognise mortars and what I think is AAA but nothing else :-)

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Ratzki - 06-21-2009

I am using the WW2 German symbols. I will update the list when I add a new one. If you guys want to estimate the enemy forces, I will replace them with symbols that you think they have, and get rid of the generic Infantry Battalion and Armor Company.

[Image: SymbolLegend1.png]