• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
The Competition & Teaser Thread - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Panzer Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=280)
+--- Thread: The Competition & Teaser Thread (/showthread.php?tid=65518)

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - ComradeP - 02-10-2014

I also had my doubts, also about how straight the battlefield is, but it was the only battle I could think of at the time that could be it, also because of how the map was "cut" in the northwest.

As to it being Ponyri: keep in mind that the dimensions of the main map were posted a while ago, and those could only cover the southern part.

It's difficult to pinpoint due to the major road: it goes more or less north/south, but at the moment I can't find a suitable location for where the road is supposed to be. If I had Kursk '43, it would be easier to spot I guess.

Furthmore, Prokhorovka is also one of the few places where there was no Soviet infantry in front of the attacking Soviet armour. At the right flank of Kempf's advance, there was Soviet infantry. Slightly below Prokhorovka facing 167th ID, there was Soviet infantry. The German line heading back west is also difficult to pinpoint as that would point to the right flank of Kempf, but then we go back to there being no Soviet infantry.

I also don't know what the second large river is in the southeast.

It's odd, all the other information could point to south flank Kursk, but this fairly straight frontline with the major road to the east of German positions is peculiar. My only other guess at the moment is that it could be the start of Rumyantsev.

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Tide1 - 02-10-2014

(02-10-2014, 07:56 PM)Xaver Wrote: Thanks a lot for the pics, at this point in PzB 01 Striptease she cant hide a lot Big Grin2 a good idea show the most exotic unit in soviet side in the battle, Churchill.

A little question, i see a depot in the first screen (tutorial scenario) and this made me ask how they work in PzB... they are like the depots you have in PzC to prevent isolated status starting a supply chain or like the explicit depots that you can take and use in your benefit??? or you can destroy them when you take the hex??? if you cant use for you enemy cant use it, in PzC you need leave an unit over the hex to cut off supply. Oooo and the icon in the top is a victory point??? i refer the german cross in the depot hex, or is part of depot graphic???.

And a little observation, mines are very hard to see in swamp terrain... and well, i think i dont ask this but there are diferent levels of minefield density??? like in PzC.

Oooo a little moder question, there is a symbols file like in PzC??? i plan paint the trench/IP and Bunker/Pillbox borders similar to PzC hehehe (IP could be dark yellow, trenches dark green, bunker dark grey or black and pillbox blue).

Well, the "big" scen remember me a lot Nap or ACW titles in size... and for me they could be great for a team game AND a little ???? the scen shows a soviet counterattack... maybe is a post Citadele scen??? title cover not only german road to Prokhorovka and covers to the post tank battle???

And to the "future titles" if now release a title is around 15 months i think we see a big improvement, maybe PzB as first modular title could introduce in Tiller games the assembly production model... now we only need robots do not feel pain and surrender under "crazy wifes" attacks LOL

I think are in Pacific battles you can cover in PzC scale... in other thread i talk about 3-4 titles with big actions think in this scens: "invasion Hawai 1941", "invasion USA, San Francisco 1941" (no, Chuck Norris unit is not present hahaha), "Malaya 42", "Philippines 41" and the other side "Philippines 45" and well the Chinese campaigns... of course at PzB level you can cover all you want (Guadalcanal, Saipan...) i dont feel that the Panzer in PzB limit engine to armored combats for me is only asume you cant use hundreds of tanks to smash enemy and push hard... you need use an infantry mind something you need do in a lot of PzC scens for example, and i feel a little like in Nap serie where you know cavalry units are very valuable units BUT you cant use them a lot or you lose a lot of victory points, curious but this super units in my case are more time behind the line or waiting than fighting.

Again thanks a lot for you hard work showing us the game images but remember, info is like beer... Cheers4 Helmet Wink

Xaver you just covered about the next eleven years of steady development!!!!

I love the game but OH MY DAMN!!!! Crazy Your a slave driver Helmet Wink

(02-10-2014, 09:33 PM)Xaver Wrote:
(02-10-2014, 09:25 PM)Strela Wrote: Save yourself some times guys - that's not Prokhorovka...! Stir the Pot

David

Thats the point, as i say, after think it a little, remember what i read and what i see my eyes move before the famous place OR more to the north...

Damn, i feel like a mouse and you be a cat... Tom&Jerry syndrome but remember, mouse allways wins Hamster Wheel

Xaver I played that scenario against the AI as German. Your brain will hurt by the time it's over Tornado2

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Xaver - 02-11-2014

Dont worry, my brain can provide you work for years... you only need a good motivation Whip

[Image: 640_pyramid-building.jpg]

Well until Tiller buy robots to wargame factory... Big Grin2

My a slave driver??? I feel offended Mr. i leave this thread in my spaceship Big Grin

[Image: slave1.jpg]

After my regular comic show...

I think the minimap scen could be a soviet flank attack... in south flank or Kempf battles trying covering SS korps flank or a post Prokhorovka soviet push after SS retreat... but could be a battle in north flank, yes, the map size cant cover full Kursk bulge BUT for example in Nap titles you have independent maps to cover 2 distant battlefields and even combine them in a dual battle, i think in Eckmuhl, you have scens with dual battles, 2 diferent maps not linked in same scenario, you can fight in both battles... maybe we have PzB Kursk with both flanks BUT not linked in a single map, you have 1 for north other for south.

But the best way to know it is buying it i expect last week in the month... or at least before the team fall under Shark2 in their luxurious vacations in the Pacific "searching documentation" for new titles Mex Big Grin

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Liebchen - 02-11-2014

(02-10-2014, 11:12 AM)Richie61 Wrote: I am burning my draft card and maybe some day I can become Secretary of State, but that's a totally different thread.... Wink

Did I miss something? Was there actually a SecState that burnt their draft card?

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Tide1 - 02-11-2014

(02-11-2014, 05:47 AM)Xaver Wrote: Dont worry, my brain can provide you work for years... you only need a good motivation Whip

[Image: 640_pyramid-building.jpg]

Well until Tiller buy robots to wargame factory... Big Grin2

My a slave driver??? I feel offended Mr. i leave this thread in my spaceship Big Grin

[Image: slave1.jpg]

After my regular comic show...

I think the minimap scen could be a soviet flank attack... in south flank or Kempf battles trying covering SS korps flank or a post Prokhorovka soviet push after SS retreat... but could be a battle in north flank, yes, the map size cant cover full Kursk bulge BUT for example in Nap titles you have independent maps to cover 2 distant battlefields and even combine them in a dual battle, i think in Eckmuhl, you have scens with dual battles, 2 diferent maps not linked in same scenario, you can fight in both battles... maybe we have PzB Kursk with both flanks BUT not linked in a single map, you have 1 for north other for south.

But the best way to know it is buying it i expect last week in the month... or at least before the team fall under Shark2 in their luxurious vacations in the Pacific "searching documentation" for new titles Mex Big Grin

I'm off to the Pacific to scout the old battlefields Big Grin

[Image: 241fa2b7d4Mothership1c.jpg]

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Xaver - 02-11-2014

Be carefull Tide1 or you can find nazy zombies, fear the last secret weapon!!!

[Image: 7FWdNef.png]

Well, in am going to bed in a few hours... expect the night turn keep this thread on fire Wink

PD: PzB has in the end campaign system like Nap/SB/EAM/EAW??? thanks.

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Strela - 02-11-2014

(02-11-2014, 06:36 AM)Xaver Wrote: PD: PzB has in the end campaign system like Nap/SB/EAM/EAW??? thanks.

Currently there isn't a campaign system in PzB. There is the possibility of including it in the future, but we probably want to do further work on it before including it in a title.

It's not required in this first release of PzB due to the way the scenarios are structured.

David

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Strela - 02-11-2014

(02-10-2014, 07:56 PM)Xaver Wrote: A little question, i see a depot in the first screen (tutorial scenario) and this made me ask how they work in PzB... they are like the depots you have in PzC to prevent isolated status starting a supply chain or like the explicit depots that you can take and use in your benefit??? or you can destroy them when you take the hex??? if you cant use for you enemy cant use it, in PzC you need leave an unit over the hex to cut off supply. Oooo and the icon in the top is a victory point??? i refer the german cross in the depot hex, or is part of depot graphic???.

And a little observation, mines are very hard to see in swamp terrain... and well, i think i dont ask this but there are diferent levels of minefield density??? like in PzC.

Oooo a little moder question, there is a symbols file like in PzC??? i plan paint the trench/IP and Bunker/Pillbox borders similar to PzC hehehe (IP could be dark yellow, trenches dark green, bunker dark grey or black and pillbox blue).

There is a Symbols file just like PzC. All can be changed and adjusted as the user wants. You want to repaint your trenches go for it. You can even copy in the counter look from PzC if you want but I personally prefered the integrated look.

I mentioned this earlier but the reason there is a coloured hexagon around the fortification is to allow it to be seen when there are a stack of units in the hex.

The supply sources work just like in PzC in that they determine isolation and supply of ammunition for artillery. Being a supply source it can be blocked by the enemy, but the enemy can't capture supply so to speak.

Below are some examples of a few of the items in the Symbols file.

The top line was shown on the first page of the thread, but these are the various fortifications.

The second line is the obstacle type items. Minefields do go from levels 1 to 3. They are subtly painted deliberately - we didn't want garish spots all over the map where they were used. Though the game has friendly minefields, there are no friendly minefields if you walk into them! Players need to stay aware of the known friendly & enemy minefields are just like their real world compatriots did.

The third line shows a German and then a Russian supply source. The national insignia is part of the graphic. The wreck counters are deliberately small. Much bigger and they can dominate the map after a decent battle! This is more an indicator that there are wrecks in the hex. The number is shown on the terrain box in game.

Suspected positions is interesting. The scenarios use this quite a bit to indicate where the frontline is believed to be. Once a battle gets started units usually pull back from contact at the end of the day. These markers are used where applicable to show where suspected enemy positions/strongpoints are. With persistent concealment you start many of the scenarios with no visible enemy and you need to use your recon assets etc. to find them. The suspected positions are there to give players a 'memory' of where the battle lines were and to stop them blundering into the enemy. It also allows you to know roughly where to call in area fire from your artillery or bombing from your level bombers.

The last line is the Air Mission Request indicator. Unfortunately we only have one graphic and the iconic Stuka was used. You've been warned! Don't complain to me that its not an IL-2 or Pe-2 etc.!!! If you saw the original you'd be happy with this one...!

[Image: 45d14286b3PB%20Graphics%2069.png]

David

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - GerryM - 02-11-2014

Hello All:

Need some help with military structures. I understand the hierarchy: Army Group, Army, Corp, Division, ???, Battalion, Company, etc. I think that regiments/brigades replace my ??? above?

Do the Soviets and Germans have both regiments and brigades? What is the difference?

Do the US and UK also have both?

Thanks,

Gerry

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Tide1 - 02-11-2014

(02-11-2014, 01:13 PM)GerryM Wrote: Hello All:

Need some help with military structures. I understand the hierarchy: Army Group, Army, Corp, Division, ???, Battalion, Company, etc. I think that regiments/brigades replace my ??? above?

Do the Soviets and Germans have both regiments and brigades? What is the difference?

Do the US and UK also have both?

Thanks,

Gerry

Hi GerryM

Yes regiments in between divisions and battalions.

Yes all of the major militaries had and have regiments and brigades. I'm not sure if the Chines bother with brigades. Helmet Wink
If you mean what is the difference between a regiment and a brigade it would be that a brigade has a few more units than a regiment. basically a beefed up regiment.