• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
The Competition & Teaser Thread - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Panzer Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=280)
+--- Thread: The Competition & Teaser Thread (/showthread.php?tid=65518)

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Outlaw Josey Wales - 02-09-2014

(02-08-2014, 01:43 PM)Strela Wrote:
(02-08-2014, 04:45 AM)Xaver Wrote: Now we need see pics with germany infantry regiments to keep calm Big Grin2

Mike Avanzini has started to weave his magic and create some visual orders of battle. These will be 'example' formations. We expect we will include a PDF with the game that will have these available for the players reference.

Here are some examples of the support elements for Leibstandarte PzGr Division. All formations are shown at full TOE, there are very few if any scenarios that will have these full strength.

Please note these are very draft, but thought you might like to see them.

[Image: 986a299c18SS%20Panzergrenadier%20Division%20Assets%201.png]

[Image: 88a4452bf7SS%20Panzergrenadier%20Division%20Assets%202.png]

David

No stab for Flak and Engineers?

(02-09-2014, 02:27 AM)Strela Wrote:
(02-08-2014, 08:28 PM)Xaver Wrote: .... i am now interested in see regular german infantry units... specially in the divisional aufk battalion and well see in soviets the airborne divisions hehehe.

Again these are very work in progress, we could change lots of things as well as the backgrounds, but this will give you an idea on the German infantry.

Thanks to Mike who has dived into this with gusto while learning a new paint program!!

[Image: 21f924a4daGrenadier-Regiment%20Background.png]

[Image: b125791998Infanterie-Division%20Assets%20Background.png]

David

No stab for Arty, AT or Engineers?

(02-08-2014, 04:11 PM)76mm Wrote:
(02-08-2014, 03:13 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: As for those in Stalingrad, what choice did they have? Fight the Germans or be shot by the NKVD?

So the Russians only fought in Stalingrad because of NKVD machine guns at their backs? I guess we'll have to disagree on that one. And as far as I know most of the "blocking detachments" in Stalingrad (other than the ones guarding the ferry landings) ended up being used as front line troops, and yet the defenders didn't surrender to the Germans.

I wouldn't have any problem with a conclusion that generally German units were better than Sov units, and the more so the earlier in the war. But I have to disagree with the justifications used (to paraphrase: "A German general said so, so it must be true...") and particular conclusions reached (the Russian army was composed of indistinguishable, thoughtless automatons). David, what sort of evidence would it take to revise Sov moral ratings? Several books by Sov generals and some accounts from some Sov soldiers, as have been cited for the Germans?

I guess it is amusing that the Sovs actually considered the Germans to be thoughtless automatons--for instance firing their artillery barrages at the same time day after day, or following other routines which make no sense in the middle of the war.

You doubt because a German General says so, but willing to refute that with books by Soviet Generals? Commies were and are some of the biggest liars in the world. Just look at ODouche Bag and his cronies.

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Strela - 02-09-2014

(02-09-2014, 03:20 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: No stab for Flak and Engineers?

No stab for Arty, AT or Engineers?

No, they were normally parcelled out across the Division (usually in company groups) supporting various regiments.

Without Stabs (HQ's), they draw command off the Divisional HQ.

Usually the rule used was if a formation usually fought together as a Battalion they got a Stab, if not they worked off the Division.

David

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - GerryM - 02-09-2014

Hello All:

I am wondering about future content and relating this to the PzC series. Looking at those WW II PzC titles, how many PB titles could be derived from one PzC title. Could Kharkov '43 give rise to say 4 PB titles?

Gerry

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Liebchen - 02-09-2014

(02-08-2014, 07:57 PM)76mm Wrote: As one of the other posters suggested, maybe just state that the ratings reflect your evaluation of the aggregate capabilities of the Sov manpower, equipment, tactics, and leadership, and leave it at that...

This has actually been the stated explanation for "morale" in the PzC series from day one.

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Al - 02-09-2014

(02-09-2014, 04:46 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(02-08-2014, 07:57 PM)76mm Wrote: As one of the other posters suggested, maybe just state that the ratings reflect your evaluation of the aggregate capabilities of the Sov manpower, equipment, tactics, and leadership, and leave it at that...

This has actually been the stated explanation for "morale" in the PzC series from day one.

Yea, I kind of thought that, too.

One question about the infantry gun units attached to the regiment. Do the 2-gun units realistically do any damage or do they need to be combined to achieve any real effectiveness? Maybe some playtesters have some thoughts on that.

Also, thanks fro the visual OOB charts. They look really good.

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Xaver - 02-09-2014

Thanks a lot Strela, i miss the detail in recon spotting and again great job with the visual OOB expect you can release a good PDF with the charts Helmet Wink

OOOO and sorry to be Horse5 Rolling Eyes

PD: is me or the bicycle guy looks a little weird???

(02-09-2014, 05:29 AM)Xaver Wrote: PD: is me or the bicycle guy looks a little weird???

He looks a little weird to me, too. Sort of like this:

[Image: 18f2f7061b62-10-Skeletor-Caught-You.png]

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Richie61 - 02-09-2014

(02-09-2014, 05:29 AM)Xaver Wrote: PD: is me or the bicycle guy looks a little weird???

Because he is a motorcycle soldier. It's a very famous picture Wink

[Image: 9fg8.png]

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - keif149 - 02-09-2014

(02-09-2014, 07:58 AM)Richie61 Wrote:

Because he is a motorcycle soldier. It's a very famous picture Wink

[Image: 9fg8.png]

Ed,
Is that from your private collection? It's a great pic!

Thanks for sharing.

No argument from me that it's a great shot, but it doesn't necessarily translate well to a small unit box picture, is all. Perhaps if his features were a little more distinct it would be easier to make out, albeit a little less true to the original.