• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Panzer Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=280)
+--- Thread: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread (/showthread.php?tid=68266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Strela - 12-15-2015

What I was trying to post was a link to the Designers Notes & FAQ - this is a 149 page document that covers the history of the game as well as the scenarios and other reference information.

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20382.jpg]

The correct link is here;

Link for Designers Notes

David

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 12-15-2015

Thanks for the notes, they look great, specially i like the comparation between 2008 status and actual status... even when i dont dislike the closer look to SB counters but well, looks like the extra 8 months help you a lot to have a better game specially with the increase in number of scens and hard work in OOB.

Dont worry Strela, shit happens could be worst if fail is uploading game in release day and we download a "My little Ponny" episode...  Big Grin2

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Compass Rose - 12-16-2015

I am super impressed with the amount of detail included in the Designers Notes and seeing all of the work you guys went through.

It sure looks like a grand slam in my book. [Image: 5750655e7abaseball4.gif]

Nicely done!   Thumbs Up

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 12-16-2015

Well, i know you are busy but but i have a question for testers... how is the performance in PzB 2 of Stugs and PanzerJagers, i refer the light armored versions no the Jagd Panther, because in Kursk i allways find them to weak and not very effective specially the Marders.

Part of my question is related with the new nature of combat terrain, oposite to Kursk are going to be more combats under 1.000m (4 hexes) and here this helps a lot the actual AT combat system to increase the chance to score kills over armor BUT at same time low defense vehicles can suffer a lot even when terrain is more friendly with ambush classes like TDs.

Are that specialized vehicles capable to work on their role of hunters or like in Kursk use them is to problematic at the point that have them as AT resource is not a great deal??? i refer that AT guns are harder to kill than Marders, Stugs survive better for example.

Thanks.

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Strela - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 10:14 PM)Xaver Wrote: Well, i know you are busy but but i have a question for testers... how is the performance in PzB 2 of Stugs and PanzerJagers, i refer the light armored versions no the Jagd Panther, because in Kursk i allways find them to weak and not very effective specially the Marders.

Part of my question is related with the new nature of combat terrain, oposite to Kursk are going to be more combats under 1.000m (4 hexes) and here this helps a lot the actual AT combat system to increase the chance to score kills over armor BUT at same time low defense vehicles can suffer a lot even when terrain is more friendly with ambush classes like TDs.

Are that specialized vehicles capable to work on their role of hunters or like in Kursk use them is to problematic at the point that have them as AT resource is not a great deal??? i refer that AT guns are harder to kill than Marders, Stugs survive better for example.

Thanks.

I have found the armour combat is working really well in Normandy. Ask Dogsoldier about his Canadian Shermans that ran into the Panthers and the multiple vehicle losses per shot he was taking beyond 1 kilometre.

As far as Marders etc - they are effective. That said they are ultra vulnerable to artillery and you really need to use them as shoot and scoot. Pop up, take the shot and get back out of sight. Standstill and you're dead. In a recent Bluecoat game against Dogsoldier he can attest how well my Marders performed and it was only once his infantry got in close that he flushed me out and put me in a vulnerable position.

The other big factor that has really transformed direct fire is the elevation modifier. This is set at 15% and essentially increases the effect of hits by that value for every height level differential. It works as an inverse value for units firing uphill. For example a unit two height levels above another unit will get a 30% (2 x 15%) fire modifier while the target unit would fire back at -30%. This represent defilade positions at the top of a hill while fire down hill hits the lightly armoured top of a unit/offsets some of the terrain in hex.

Holding/taking high ground is now critical and a real focus in play.

David

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - wiggum - 12-17-2015

...So release this weekend ? Big Grin

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 12-17-2015

Thanks for the fast reply.

Well, the terrain in Normandy for the engine is better but at same time worst than Kursk for this spealized vehicles, i really expect that armored combat works a lot better in Normandy than in Kursk with tanks but Panzer Jagers are allways hard to balance, i am glad to see they can do their job with the usual precautions.

Interesting the elevation impact in combat, of course if you move to a smaller scale sometimes is hard decide if is better be on top or not... top position means to more exposition to enemy fire and usually tanks have more problems with gun depresion than gun elevation.

Talking about elevations... only affect to fire or they impact for example in recon, i refer if a recon unit in elevated terrain has bonus when use recon spotting (better chance to detect enemy or more range).

Well, nothing more to add apart the small question from Wiggum but i ask for friday, they need weekend for serious things Cheers6 hehehe.

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - ComradeP - 12-17-2015

Xaver, one thing to keep in mind is that most of the Allied tanks are not nearly as well armoured as a T-34. I expect that their defense values will be 11-13 like in PzC Normandy '44, with only the later model Churchills having impressive armour.

As the vast majority of the German (anti-)tank guns are 75mm by this point, it will make it easier for the Germans to reliably take out enemy armour than in Kursk.

I do wonder what the quality fire modifier is, as with all the B quality Allied units they might also receive significant benefits if it's still 2.5.

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Strela - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 04:07 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Xaver, one thing to keep in mind is that most of the Allied tanks are not nearly as well armoured as a T-34. I expect that their defense values will be 11-13 like in PzC Normandy '44, with only the later model Churchills having impressive armour.

As the vast majority of the German (anti-)tank guns are 75mm by this point, it will make it easier for the Germans to reliably take out enemy armour than in Kursk.

I do wonder what the quality fire modifier is, as with all the B quality Allied units they might also receive significant benefits if it's still 2.5.

Quality Fire Modifier is unchanged at 2.5. This is a constant i.e. it is not changeable in the parameter file.

As far as defence strengths, yes ComradeP is right. The Allied tanks are generally more vulnerable. Cromwells are 11, Shermans are 12 - 13, while Churchills are either 19 or 24 dependent on model.

The vast majority of Allied formations are C with some D's. There are a number of regiments that are rated higher, b ut they are more the exception and usually armoured formations.

David

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - routed - 12-17-2015

Let's see here..

Wife and kids gone for the weekend - check.
Beer in fridge - check
Panzer Battles 2 released on friday - ?