• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
The Competition & Teaser Thread - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Panzer Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=280)
+--- Thread: The Competition & Teaser Thread (/showthread.php?tid=65518)

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Outlaw Josey Wales - 01-26-2014

hahahaha If those were really the opposing forces, why the hell would one want to fight?

Jeff Foxworthy - If those were the opposing forces and all you do is fight them........you might be a redneck!

Larry the Cable Guy - Get R Done!

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Compass Rose - 01-26-2014

It looks like David let another "cat out of the bag". [Image: 12aec44460cat_in_the_hat.gif]

I wasn't aware that this new series would cover psychological warfare! This will be a John Tiller first!

Shocked Yikes2 Holy Cow

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Aaron - 01-26-2014

(01-26-2014, 10:19 AM)Strela Wrote:
(01-26-2014, 06:22 AM)Xaver Wrote: Ummm a little question about LOS, you have in consideration burning wrecks??? if you kill a tank or vehicle in a hex the hex "wins" a permanent stack value??? i think if you destroy 3 tanks in a hex it has as basic staking value the 3xstaking points from destroyed tanks, i doubt game has this but is only an inocent question from an inocent man TEEHEE

PD: where is Strela??? we need their teaser images, i want see the secret Santa´s red army Rolling Eyes

From my favourite FAQ.....

Vehicle wrecks have been included. Wrecks impact road movement and visibility. Each wreck counts as 10 against the road movement limit in a hex. In [game title] the road movement limit is 75. If there were 3 wrecks in a hex only 4 vehicles could move through the hex at a time and still use road movement. Once 8 wrecks are in a hex, no road movement is possible and in forbidden terrain such as swamp & marsh, vehicles would not be able to enter a hex under any circumstances. Once a hex contains wrecks over the road movement limit (In [game title] this is 8 wrecks or more) it is considered to be a permanent smoke hex and will block all LOS through the hex.

And because Xaver continued to plead, here is the first shot of the OPFOR;

2x Size (Photoshopped)
[Image: 48b35ec376PB%20Graphics%2028.png]

Actual in game size
[Image: 92d4424d82PB%20Graphics%2027.png]

David

Oh no you didnt, the one thing you wernt suppose to reveal and you went and done it.

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Mr Grumpy - 01-26-2014

Well if I had to "command" that unit my morale would be A but I think my fatigue would be well in the red, in fact I could end up broken or is broke a more suitable term!!!!! Jester

Can we see the reverse of the counter, I really need to know her hard and soft attack values??? Big Grin

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Xaver - 01-26-2014

Thanks for the pic Strela.

I think that unit has excesive morale... working 365 days for a salary in cookies, milk and sweets with a boss that looks and acts like a pervert (see the "troops" uniform...) who reply to all demands from workers "HO HO HO!!! WORK!!! Whip" and he has a black list... i think a "no morale" status is much better.

I think this is a better image of Santa if you remove all Coca Cola propaganda Big Laugh

[Image: django-unchained-official-leo.jpeg]

Apart this we have again Strela in a disinformation mode, the unit uses winter camouflage and winter clothes when is clearly we talk about a summer title Jester

PD: more serious now, then we are going to have standar morale for soviets???? C in guard units and D in regular units??? or to be a lower level game we can see a mix of morales???.

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Strela - 01-26-2014

(01-26-2014, 08:53 PM)Xaver Wrote: Apart this we have again Strela in a disinformation mode, the unit uses winter camouflage and winter clothes when is clearly we talk about a summer title Jester

Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules, BUT....

I think the uniform is definitely more summer than winter. More appropriate for Singapore than Siberia.....

[Image: 981c1f7f59PB%20Graphics%2029.png]

(Pity I live in Singapore!!!)

Xaver, I don't think you even noticed my wreck 'reveal'!!!!

David

Yep, i notice it but i dont remember write about it... i find it as a great add but as usual i have a some doubts.

1-wrecks affect road movement and LOS but... no effect in hex defensive bonus??? i refer if there are wrecks infantry have cover like you can see in broken terrain.

2-units win fatigue when are in a hex with wrecks??? i remember in Steel Panthers how units in hexes with burning wrecks suffer morale lose.

3-I understand that units in travel mode cant enter in a hex with 8 wrecks but maybe i see better units in travel mode can enter on this hexes BUT using more action points (here i dont know if units deployed when enter in travel mode need more actions points to move to a hex with wrecks).

Well, i see the Santa troops very hot, dont think they are equiped for summer, they need better uniforms armine (even sintetic) is not for rusi... i want say XXXXXX summer Mex Big Grin

PD: Singapore??? be carefull with pirates, protect PzB with your life!!!! Rolling Eyes

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - ComradeP - 01-26-2014

Strela, can engineers or recovery vehicles of some sort remove wrecks like the way clearing rubble works in PzC?

If any kind of vehicle wreck can block a road, parking some low quality vehicle unit on the only road through a swamp could block it completely in a gamey manner.

Good questions ComradeP maybe they can reduce to 50% the stacking by wrecks.

Maybe the gamey is in use vehicles or light tanks to create screens, i think in T-70 and scout in soviet side doing something more than die... die for something hehehe.

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - ComradeP - 01-26-2014

That's also what I was worried about, light tanks or impractically slow Lend-Lease tanks being used to block roads. Of course, for Kursk it will matter less due to the fairly open countryside aside from roads through hexes surrounded by difficult terrain. For heavily wooded or swampy areas, it could be a problem.