• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Tournaments (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+----- Forum: Ratzki's "Little Saturn" Tournament (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+----- Thread: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls (/showthread.php?tid=51414)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Sit Rep from Balkan Warrior - Balkan Warrior - 08-30-2009

Hi to all!

Chuck! Too bad about the ATG! But, you still have two more!! So, be patient and take it to them!:)

In my battle, it is Turn 18 and still no real contact with the Ruskies! I have attached an overlay for you review! Please feel free to make any comments to better the battle plan! Thanks and have a great day! cheers

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Balkan Warrior - 09-02-2009

Hi to all!:)
Well, Turn 20 and I finally "find the ruskies"!
As I thought, they are moving on my left flank across the RR Tracks to the objectives on that side! (See attachment)! I will loose the truck, but it provided good itel!!So, my two ATGs will be ready! :boom1:
Have a good one!cheers

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - cargol - 09-07-2009

My Battle is over!!
I have mixed feelings about this and i cant say that it was a total success or a total failure.
Im not glad cause maybe i wasnt able to hold the ground(have to wait for Ratzki's decision) and im glad cause i ve managed to cause a good amount of casualties to the Russkies, withstand to their total numerical superiority and minimise my casualties.
My opponents force consisted of a Battalion(-) of Infantry and 10 Tanks (7 T34&3 T70).
My forces were nowhere near those numbers as i could field a Coy of Inf and 1 A/A Gun (the mighty 88) with its Prime mover.
My opponent advanced his infantry slowly ,due to the fact that my defence line was
behind the first objectives,gained ground without much of a fighting.
The first major encounter was against his armour force that tried to outflank me from a SouthEast direction.
This armour force consisted of 8 Tanks and met my 88 which was waiting for them.
My gunners fought bravelly and managed to destroy 4 Tanks(3 T34,1 T70) before their gun was knocked out.
Without AT capability situation was really difficult for me but i was lucky that my opponent occupied 1 Major objective and waited for his infantry to catch up (probably he thought that my forces were bigger and didnt want to risk)
During the last turns i ve oppened fire with 2 Plts of Infantry and managed to check his infantry advance causing an unknown number of enemy casualties quite a few enemy infantry units broke under fire and retreated .
My casualties were 14 men ,1 88 A/A Gun and 1 Prime mover.
Final Victory count was 23 Axis-24 Allies but this is not the real picture and we have to wait for Ratzki to decide after seeing the end screen.
[Image: endscreen1.jpg]

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Joonny - 09-07-2009

Damn that 88 will be missed, having said that with only one gun on the field you did well to keep it alive that long.

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Pvt. Sofronije - 09-07-2009

Good job, mate! cheers

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Balkan Warrior - 09-07-2009

Hi to all! :cool2:
Hope your day is going well!
Congrats to Cargol! Good fight outnumbered!!
Well, the Ruskie Commander send me the following note:
"It looks like I should have tried for the central factory complex as well! Unless I'm missing something, you have left the northern buildings completely undefended? Wish I'd known that 10 minutes ago - guess I should have reconnoitered a bit..."

So, it appears my feeling the Ruskies we just attacking to the north was correct!

Have a good one! cheers

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Ratzki - 09-10-2009

I have my email back up and running so I will be looking at the games that have finished so far and posting the results.

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Ratzki - 09-16-2009

Results for the Southwest Battle between Cargol and Rommel have now been calculated for the German side.

KG “D”

3rd Infantry Co. HQ from 100% to 90%
Rifle Platoon from 100% to 90%
MG Section from 100% to 90% and lose 1 of 2 MG 42's

1/4th Hvy. Wpn. Pl. Stay at 100% and 2 of 2 MG 34's

KG “E”

1st Mot. Flak lose 1 of 1 88mm Flak
lose 1 of 1 Gun Tractor
Truck ok
Kubel ok

The game results were a draw of sorts, the Russians gained some ground but still do not have control of the airport. The next battle in this area could see somevery close setup zones near the airport. The Russian tank near the one flag will have to give up control of this flag and return to it's own lines as it has no infantry support of any sort.
Your German units are still in good condition and will be able to hold their ground.

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - Balkan Warrior - 09-16-2009

Hi Cargol! Looks like you did OK! Have a good one!

RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls - cargol - 09-17-2009

That was a good one!
So far this round is a success for our forces.
In 2 out of 3 battles Russkies have lost 6 Tanks and werent able to breakthrough.
Our losses have been minimal
Hopefully for the next round we ll be able to obtain tank units and we ll counterattack to throw back the Reds!!