• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=44093)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 02-24-2008

Welcome to 'Zilkin' of Finland, our latest Trident sign-up..:)

[Image: finns-v-kv.jpg]

FEEDBACK WANTED

I feel a bit uncomfortable about keeping the scores of people who beat me secret til the end of the competition, and am thinking of scrapping that rule.

For example 4 guys have beaten me so far, but only I know who has the highest score, and 3 of them therefore won't be winning the trophy.
Is it fair to keep them in suspense like that, only for them to be inconsolably disappointed weeks from now when I announce the results, and they find they've not won?

So shall I announce everybody's wins in the thread for all the world to see as the results come in one by one, or only announce them at the end of the competition?

[Image: spart-bodyservC.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Willow's assault guns arrive in town and deploy into battle formation..

I'm getting a bad feeling about this..
[Image: Wil-form.gif]

COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - John B50's kampfgruppe assaults a Brit-held house..

[Image: JB-halft.gif]

TYPICAL FIRST-TURN PLOTS

I just thought I'd throw this in for noobs mostly, it's a typical (for me at least) opening move in the Trident mixed sector.
Nothing fancy, infantry sprinting towards the flags, piats and light mortars to tree clumps dotted around, tanks following behind. There are 2x Fireflies and a Sher 75 in the centre group,(Fireflies are capable of taking tough German Hetzers/ Tigs/ Panths head on), and I'm working a single Sher 75 down each flank to take them in the side..
[Image: start.gif]

[Image: general-montgomery.jpg]

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - john B50 (FGM) - 02-24-2008

I cant believe I lost all those troops againts a single squad on the right hand side.

COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - John B50's German infantry attack Brit squad and come off second best..

John B50 quote -"I cant believe I lost all those troops againts a single squad on the right hand side"

It was a big 10-man crack Brit squad mate, and luckily your guys didn't all attack en masse, the two lying dead in the main pic were cut down in a previous turn.
Inset - then when your other two attacked they were entertained in the same fashion..
[Image: JB-inf.gif]

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - DasTiger - 02-25-2008

I'm OK with the secret nature of the final scores. From the final screen shot I can get an idea of the scores from the flags held. So far I like what I see! But March 15th seems like a long way off.....

DasTiger

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - Mad Baron - 02-25-2008

Just an idea to roll around. Perhaps just announce the current leader without scores? And announce a new leader if/when someone displaces the current leader?

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 02-25-2008

COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Colonel Talvela's flame guy tries to cook a panzer..

the tank crew sweat a bit but survive.
The flame guy inadvertently set the building on fire and next turn runs out the back door with his eyebrows singed..
[Image: CT-flam.gif]