• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=44093)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - Colonel Talvela - 02-22-2008

COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - EL Colonel's bazookaman woes continue :(

Apparently my zook's were trained at Canada's infamous Herr-Leto Speshul Acadummy

POS showed above how Cpl Anderson was gunned down in the streets. What he didnt know was that - as the image shows below - he wasnt even pinned when he decided to forsake the cover of the heavy building and crawl across the open pavement. Cpl Anderson wouldnt have lived through the barrage even if he had stayed in the building, but he had finished reloading. He might have been able to squeeze off another shot (eventually a bazooka has to work)

[Image: zook8.jpg]

COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - EL Colonel's bazooka men ignore orders and put on their running shoes

In the mixed sector Leto's excellent "training" rears its ugly head as well:

I gave two bazookamen MOVE orders to walk slowly towards the broadside panzers.
[Image: zook9.jpg]

First Cpl Cudlipp gets spooked by some incoming fire at neighbor (not targeting him), so he decides to RUN rather than pin or crawl. Of course, now that he is running he is spotted and targetted as seen below
[Image: zook10.jpg]

Then Cpl O'Leary gets spooked by the fire at Cpl Cudlipp, so he decides to Run, and then he gets targeted as well.
[Image: zook11.jpg]

The end result is predictable of course.
[Image: zook12.jpg]

Quite comical - in the "I hate this game sometimes" kind of way

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 02-23-2008

BertBlitzkrieg (FGM) Wrote:So, it is called luck when you hit twice but don't kill anything ?

I just meant he originally fired pointblank but was lucky my tanks were slow to see him, but when they did see him his luck ran out..

COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Lord Bane's gun snipes Sherman..

It's the same gun that got another Sherman a while back, but not until now do I finally spot it. The Sher fired back and missed, it had its chance..
Note also how buildings don't always guarantee cover, as firers can squeeze off shots so close to them that they must chip bits off the brickwork. (But in CMBB buildings give better cover in this respect)
[Image: LB-gun.gif]

COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - John B50's Panther struts its stuff..

The cry goes round the shocked Brit camp - "Gor blimey!"
[Image: JB-pan.gif]

COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Odies panzer goes head-to-head with Sherman..

My Sherm fired first but it pinged (don't you just hate it when that happens?), and a second later the panzer fired back and it was hasta la vista baby..
[Image: Od-pz.gif]

COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Fluidwill's Sherman dishes it out as my panzers trip over each other..

I thought I'd ordered them to move out as a tight hunting pair to engage the Sherm, but I forgot which way their hulls were pointing and that they both needed reverse orders. As a result I gave the second one a 'hunt' order by mistake and he started pivoting instead of reversing out with his mate, duh..
[Image: FluI.gif]

COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Colonel Talvela's gun gets sniped..

Sorry, but it was coming to kill me..
Main pic -my sniper in the building lets fly
Inset left - uncannily reminiscent of the Zapruder footage, the high-vel round goes clean through the gun commander and probably hits another crewman too. (the crew graphic split into two like that at the instant of impact)
Inset right - The gun is abandoned a second later (the other crewman graphic vanished)
[Image: CT-gun.gif]

[Image: Sniper1941.jpg]

COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Bert Blitzkriegs Americans break into city centre..

[Image: BB-cent.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - John B50's schreck guy wrecks a Firefly..

[Image: JB-sck.gif]

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 02-24-2008

COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Huzaar's gun rakes the main street..

[Image: Huz-gun.gif]