• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=43407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-30-2007

RESULT JUST IN - Mugger beats POS 61-39

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
His 2 x Stalins dominated the airfield, I had an early crack at them but got a bloody nose, so after that I sent my remaining 3 x panzers to take on his 6 x 34/85's but couldn't gain the initiative..
[Image: MuggX.png]

My panzers were too few to punch into town..
[Image: MuggY.png]

The Russians occupy the ruined church..
[Image: MuggZ.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Owl's Hetzer fearlessly penetrates to town centre..

Owl somehow slipped this baby through my cordon of T-34's, catching my infantry garrison completely by surprise as he suddenly appears behind them, and they begin hurling molotovs in panic..
[Image: OwlP.png]

I've just added an ARMOUR LOSSES SO FAR category to the Bunker HQ post on page 1 and will keep editing updates into it

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Kru's Panther surprised by shot through factory..

I parked my T-34 there for safety,completely forgetting you can often see through factories if you're up close to the wall then it spotted the Panther on its own initiative, firing twice and knocking it out, without it firing back..
[Image: KruV.png]

I think I'll brush up on this LOS through factories thread..
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=40896

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Panzer Dans Kingtiger in fluid East Front tank combat..

PIC 1 - (ignore the 2 dead T-34's)
My live T-34's A B and C move into position to hit the Ktig which is between the airfield hangars, but before they arrive it lunges out of the trap (along blue arrow) and knocks out T-34 'A'..
[Image: DanT.png]

PIC 2 - Tank 'B' arrives in position, fires at the Ktigs rear and misses! He had his chance..
Meanwhile tank 'C' is racing for a side shot on the Ktig..
[Image: DanU.png]

PIC 3 - The Ktig fires back at 'B' and doesn't miss..
[Image: DanV.png]

PIC 4 - Meanwhile tank 'C' has arrived to hit the Ktig square in the side. Scratch one Ktig..
Final tally=2 dead T-34's, 1 dead Ktig..
[Image: DanW.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-31-2007

RESULT JUST IN - Bert Blitzkrieg beats POS 63-37

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
Bert bought the largest AFV force I've yet encountered (9 IVJ's/Hetzers) and it paid off because my 7 x T-34's ran out before his did..
[Image: BBA-1.png]

Dead armour on both sides litters the stalemated town centre after a ferocious pointblank shootout, neither side giving an inch..
[Image: BBB-2.png]

The airfield too is stalemated as my Russians pack into the ruined hangar like sardines..
[Image: BBC.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-31-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Owl's rampaging Hetzer stopped at last..

(It's the one that scared my Russian inf a few posts ago)
PIC 1 - The situation at the start of the turn is that he's moved away from the infantry, chased by a molotov and a grenade, (both of which missed), but I've got the T-34/85 at bottom centre into the sector to have a go at him, so I plot a 'fast' move down the dotted line, slap a 7 o' clock arc on him and hit 'go'..
[Image: OwlP-1.png]

PIC 2 - It works like a dream, the Hetzer trundled forward a bit but the T-34 arrives at the end of the arrow with his turret pointing smack at the Hetzers rear and it's adios amigo..
I only include the pic as an example to newcomers of how turretless vehs can be dealt with by a quick rapier-thrust to take your tank into a firing position in their rear or side.
(PS - I shall also post this and a selection of other pics from this Malitz thread into the Tac Forum in a 'Tank Combat' category)
[Image: OwlQ.png]

[Image: zorro.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Bert Blitzkrieg - 01-01-2008

POS,
Thanks for a great game !

I figured that if I could neutralize your tankforce I should win. Therefore the large tankforce. Problem was that, although I succeeded in doing so, it took to much time. As my force selection left me with a fairly small infantry force, I had to soften up the flag area's (as usual POS managed to get there first) with HE and that took time. As the game went well beyond the 20 turn mark, I managed a win. Had it ended earlier, don't think it would have been more then a draw.

Happy New Year !

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-01-2008

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Bertram's Stalin clears its throat..

My panzer column races into town and halts, the infantry jump off and occupy the church, and a blinding flash and deafening roar rings out from top left..
[Image: BertA.png]

Yup, a Stalin.. (let me make a quick note - 'must not walk into Stalins LOS')
[Image: BertB.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-02-2008

RESULT JUST IN - POS bt Panzer Dan

Dan invested heavily in a Kingtiger and 2 x JpIV's and they inflicted huge losses on my T-34's..
[Image: DanV-1.png]

These 4 x T-34's were committed to Dans Kingtigers sector..
[Image: DanW-1.png]

Another of my dead T-34s testifies to the bitter fighting for the airfield as a JpIV burns in the background..
[Image: DanX.png]