• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Panzer Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=280)
+--- Thread: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread (/showthread.php?tid=68266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 08-26-2015

They need think in asian market... something to sell better here

Normandy44: "pretty mole war" Big Grin
[Image: e2fc29c024a0b02694a3064854fe9134.jpg]

My dream is more in the late battles for PzB scale... Berlin, Budapest area... and maybe see Pacific covered.

Yep, Leclerc "chicos" (boys in spanish hehehe) curious about if you plan use special portraits in "la nueve" (9th company, 2e Division Blindée)

Some names used on their vehicles

1st Section: DON QUICHOTTE, CAP SERRAT, LES PINGOÜINS (if is the tank anarquist try name it Buenaventura Durruti but french dont want it), MADRID, GUERNICA (prime mover for a 57mm AT gun)

2nd Section: RESISTENCE, TERUEL, ESPAÑA CAÑI (later LIBERATION), NOUS VOILA y EBRO (prime mover 57 mm)

3rd Section: TUNISIE 43, BRUNETE, ALMIRANTE BUIZA, GUADALAJARA y SANTANDER (prime mover 57 mm).

And others.
[Image: half-track-de-la-nueve-espac3b1a-cac3b1i.jpg]

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - jimcrowley - 08-27-2015

Because there is obviously an almost endless list of potential scenarios for this title, it may be worth considering concentrating production on smaller actions, at least for now. Especially if this title is going to appear any time soon.

In my experience of playtesting, the larger scenarios not only take much longer to test but also get tested the least often and present the most problems.

More often than not it is also the largest scenarios that put the most demand on the AI; usually to the point where the AI performance is lacklustre, at best, and often inadequate to the task.

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 08-27-2015

Interesting, maybe the problem with long scens is the balance in reinforcements... you need have in mind what can do players and prevent gamy options because they know when and where appear enemy reinforcements and even with the area protection is possible create choke points that in real life never appear.

In my case i prefer play medium over small or big scens, part a time question, part i prefer center in a specific action... or a scen for team game, something i allways want try but few times do it... i am curious about how scens coud be used for team games, something like one player control a regiment-division or equivalent for 2 VS 2 or 2 VS 1 (maybe germans with central control and allies with dual command... USA + UK but with 2 humans could be like in real life more USA VS UK hehehe).

OFF-TOPIC: something that JT titles need for me is support for team game... in TCP-IP you have an usefull feature but is missing in PBEM, the ability to asign troops to a specific player, but other critical feature needs implementation in game... only see in turn resolution the AI actions that your troops can see... only see your units combat and enemy movements under your units spot (maybe things like air interception could be showed to all players) even your teammates need be under a fog of war, maybe less extreme than enemy´s fog of war but enough.

PD: waiting is killing me Waiting

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Strela - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 12:19 AM)jimcrowley Wrote: Because there is obviously an almost endless list of potential scenarios for this title, it may be worth considering concentrating production on smaller actions, at least for now. Especially if this title is going to appear any time soon.

In my experience of playtesting, the larger scenarios not only take much longer to test but also get tested the least often and present the most problems.

More often than not it is also the largest scenarios that put the most demand on the AI; usually to the point where the AI performance is lacklustre, at best, and often inadequate to the task.

Jim,

We're are a long way along regarding scenarios. There is a good mix of sizes. We call out whether the scenario can be played against the AI or if it is head to head only. In most case the longer ones are only HTH for the reasons you pointed out.

As far as testing longer scenarios - yes they take an inordinate amount of time to test and usually there will be some things that are missed. That said we do try and test them as thoroughly as we can and for example we're onto version 4 of the longest scenario in the game.

We are pretty good at patching scenarios to fix up flaws as evidenced by the work done in the patch for Kursk. We're also getting better at understanding where players are using the system unnaturally and we've managed to correct some areas in both the scenarios and the engine to drive more historical actions and outcomes.

I don't think anyone will be disappointed with what we're including in the game.

David

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - ComradeP - 08-27-2015

In my opinion, the problems in the larger scenarios for Kursk come mostly from the way some mechanics work than from the actual dispositions (which are nearly historical after all, so if a side gets overrun that's due to historical weakness). A couple of scenarios have issues with VP's being (somewhat) unbalanced but what breaks the actual scenario balance tends to be players using certain mechanics or the generous limit of how many units can actually fight in a certain sector of the frontline in their favour.

By the way David, I've been working on some commentary for what currently works and what works less well in the larger scenarios at the moment in my opinion based on examples of certain moves and their result, I could send it to you if you want. If you're tired of my opinions I'd understand that too Wink

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 08-29-2015

Waiting our weekend bone Whistle

[Image: Dog-Loves-The-Bone-54674.gif]

PD: new forum... nice, but where is the blackjack and "name of a american Civil War north general" + s Big Grin

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - DaveMic - 08-31-2015

Please, more info, a zest of OOB, ; ) and a pinch about "new feature"... Helmet Wink

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Strela - 08-31-2015

Hey all,

Quick note. I have had an update ready to post since last Friday, but the forum upgrade appears to have broken the ability to post pictures.

Unfortunately a picture is worth a thousand words and I'll wait until the forum is fixed before writing any more than fifty words!

David

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 09-01-2015

[Image: 10748449214_a137cd3062_b.jpg]

I dont have problems posting images... i dont like the new troll forum Whip

PD: is a big or a small leak??? maybe the amount of info in pic prevent you post it... sure is over 1.000 words limit Helmet Wink

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Strela - 09-01-2015

Hi everyone,

Well there have been some issues with the forum software - particularly troublesome for me with images, but I think we have a workaround now   Thumb Up2

Firstly, all images are now rescaling automatically to fit the forum width. Unfortunately the old plug-in where you can click on a bar to see full size no longer works (at this time). If you right click on any image and open in a new tab you will see it full sized.

I had to travel again last week for work (Singapore to Texas and back this time!!!) so there were only brief periods where I had time to work on the game. Fortunately, other team members were beavering away!

We have a finalised map thanks to DaveMic and I’ve sent an updated build out to the testers last weekend. Quite a bit has changed since the last build a couple of months ago, including both new and updated scenarios (thanks Jeff and Rick!), exe changes and other enhancements.

Talking of new scenarios, here is a section of the latest scenario I’m personally working on - this will be a new one for the play test team to look over. (remember to right click and 'open image in new tab' if you want to see full size)

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20204.jpg]

As a further teaser, here is a first shot from the brilliant Visual OB created by Mike Avanzini. The particular formation shown here had a particularly rough time – anyone know why? (again, right click for full size)

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20203.jpg]

David