• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
The Competition & Teaser Thread - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Panzer Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=280)
+--- Thread: The Competition & Teaser Thread (/showthread.php?tid=65518)

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Outlaw Josey Wales - 01-14-2014

Two more weeks?!?!?!?!! Don't make me hunt down that rat bastage!

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Aaron - 01-14-2014

(01-14-2014, 01:49 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Two more weeks?!?!?!?!! Don't make me hunt down that rat bastage!

Whats 2 more weeks onto the months left to go, you wont even notice

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Xaver - 01-14-2014

[Image: vader.jpg]

You are a monster playing with my feelings... but i can play to with other things 2cents2 Big Grin

Now returning to "serious" things, nice, them the rails in embankment (and any terrain like this) offer defensive bonus ummm but i think now that in same way you receive bonus when are behind one you can receive a penalty (thanks Liebchen, you know why hehehe) when you have an unit over one no??? i remember read many times about how tankers dont like stay in an exposed position like this when cross rails, stay in hull down good, stay on top bad... i feel like in Sesame Street Rolling Eyes

[Image: 040a1f5887PB%20Graphics%2011.png]

Well, i remember say something about the small unitboxes, i refer the ones that you can see here because some units have a specially long name... well they are germans

Lebensversicherungsgesellschaft
Nahrungsmittelunverträglichkeit
Steuervergünstigungsabbaugesetz
Behindertengleichstellungsgesetz

etc etc Propeller Hat

Yes, is a great add see in NATO counters the number of battalion, this extra info is wellcome, i dont know if you can expand this to battalion companies, in all armies the companies inside a regiment receive numeration correlative, you can see 1st btl with 1-4 companies, 2nd with 5-8 etc etc if you can see the HQ with the I or II see in companies the number ... or letter do it even better you dont need see II/5 with a 5 is enough if is not possible show battalion/company, platoon number/letter... i dont know if is possible do it something like 5/2 or II/5/2 but dont say me that is possible with 3 months of work and 1 litre of unicorn blood to write the code LOL

Keep working on it Whip

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Richie61 - 01-14-2014

I do find it funny that people want NATO counters, when NATO wasn't even around back then. LOL

I think that period correct symbols would be really cool Big Grin

Please don't take this as a slam, because it's just my opinion.

The new title is looking awesome! I love the choices of counter types
being offered!

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Xaver - 01-14-2014

You are right, the historical symbols are diferent to NATO and could be more correct but for one symbol system i learn... and think that you need one symbol per nation... god i want play game before die or not hahaha.

I cant say if i like historical or not but i see them... rare, like see my old plastic soldiers in the carpet after a "Mom Bomb" attack Big Grin2

[Image: kwtactsymbol.jpg]

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Kuriltai - 01-14-2014

Quote:I do find it funny that people want NATO counters, when NATO wasn't even around back then. LOL

I once tried to mod the 2dsymbolsLg file and tried to put tactical symbols over the graphical ones.That way you could switch between tactical /Nato under "settings"

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Mr Grumpy - 01-14-2014

I am not one to be bothered about counter artwork and I am normally happy with just the NATO type counters, but the alternative counters in this series could see me finally moving away from the norm!

Yep, they are that good !!!!! Big Grin

Old style German symbols are a must! Big Grin

Modding the images is cool at times Big Grin2

A WIP I never finished.... Part Squad Leader and plastic army men Big Grin

[Image: b7r8.jpg]

RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread - Compass Rose - 01-14-2014

(01-14-2014, 03:04 AM)Richie61 Wrote: I do find it funny that people want NATO counters, when NATO wasn't even around back then. LOL

Please don't take this as a slam, because it's just my opinion.

The new title is looking awesome! I love the choices of counter types
being offered!

It doesn't bother me that "historical symbols" are not used as I'm not sure how you could get around not using NATO counters in JTS/HPS games.

Sure there are German symbols which change depending on what year it is however, what symbols do you use for US, British, or USSR. At least the NATO counters are all uniform and are easy to determine which units are what no matter which army/country you are controlling. It keeps thing simple from my POV.

(01-14-2014, 08:42 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: It doesn't bother me that "historical symbols" are not used as I'm not sure how you could get around not using NATO counters in JTS/HPS games.

Sure there are German symbols which change depending on what year it is however, what symbols do you use for US, British, or USSR. At least the NATO counters are all uniform and are easy to determine which units are what no matter which army/country you are controlling. It keeps thing simple from my POV.

LOL! I think George Patton used empty 45 shell cases and Monty used
sticks Jester

David is smart. He is doing NATO symbols & pictures!

I just think it's fun about the NATO counters. There has been a bunch of operational games released over the last few years and the first mod most people want is NATO counters. LMAO Every time LOL

I loved the counters from "The Longest Day" board game. Big Grin

[Image: l75c.jpg]