• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=44093)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - Marshall666 - 02-20-2008

PoorOldSpike Wrote:The AAR/DAR Forum is the place for long strategic writeups and stuff, that's what its for..:)
But I'm keeping Trident as a fast-moving fun series of comic-book action pictures ..:)

yeah.but you are painting the same pictures again and again ;)

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - Jobu88 - 02-20-2008

There is nothing to stop players from posting their own pictures in the Trident thread if they like. Or building an AAR.

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - Jim von Krieg - 02-20-2008

Greetings and Salutations Most Noble and Revered Poor Ol' Spike,

From a non-CM player that is very interested in your tournament commentary, keep up the excellent job... I think I understand Marshall666's point... put the round peg in the round hole on the MB... and a little less of the same old thing in the screen shots... both valid critiques...

For me, if I have to go through a couple of similar screen shots to hit the classics... then so be it... I am one willing to pay that price... though I don't see it as much of a price to pay... I enjoy the entire commentary tremendously...

I'm always interested in what you did with the previous tourney and what you are doing now... especially when you throw in some classic movie references and picts...

I loved the African Queen moment of this tourney... and the players that attempt to capture those type moments through "out of the box" strategy...

So, in a very long winded way I vote you continue to do what you do so well...

Jim vK

Jobu88 Wrote:There is nothing to stop players from posting their own pictures in the Trident thread if they like. Or building an AAR.

?did i stop a player to post pic`s or build aar`s ?!
the answer is NO.
it`s my personal meaning.i`m enjoying pic´s too.like the last one with odies faust attack.thats interesting and looks good.but "one tank against the other tank on open field" pic is not amusing anymore.

and dont you know the meaning of ;) ?
so,don`t take anything so serious :smoke:

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - Jobu88 - 02-20-2008

Marshall, Marshall. Easy there buddy. I was just stating the obvious. If you think tank v. tank pictures get old, pick something different and post it.

And here you go just to make clear that I'm not so serious

:)Big Grin:happy:Big Grin:)Big Grin:happy:Big Grin:)

Big Grin

i posted one or two pictures here at the blitz,no problem.but i dont have the time to make screenshoots right now(page 8 in this section).
if i made some of the trident,there will be no tanks on my side.i didn`t bought just one in the battle:whis: .ups,hope pos dont read that :eek1:.
but see on page 5 what i make with his tanks Whip

and now jobu,we should leave the stage,i hear more tanks coming down the field,shooting each other Big Grin

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - Mad Baron - 02-20-2008

The only thing I can add at this point is that the Trident Competition surely has everyone excited!!

What another great piece of Blitz history!!

Hail!!cheers

Mad Baron Wrote:The only thing I can add at this point is that the Trident Competition surely has everyone excited!!

What another great piece of Blitz history!!

Hail!!cheers

yep,i agree.nice map and funny game.i dont say that because i`m winning :whis:

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 02-20-2008

Rest assured everybody, whenever a spectacular action occurs on the field I WILL screenshot it, I always have done and I always will..:)
But remember they don't come along all that often, so in the meantime I post less-spectacular shots.
Beats having a blank page..;)

[Image: spart-netA.png]

RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 02-20-2008

RESULT JUST IN - Jobu beat POS

Jobu put almost his full weight against the mixed sector with 7 tanks against my 6 and eventually overan it, wiping out all my 6 for 4 losses of his own.
[Image: Job-endB.png]

At one stage this Sherman broke completely through into my rear..
[Image: aaaJobE.gif]

Typical German view - a wall of American steel ahead..
[Image: JobD.gif]

GAMES FINISHED SO FAR (Feb 20th) - 3/23
(POS-beaters listed in order of finishing, NOT in order of highest scores)

DasTiger beat POS
Elltee beat POS
Jobu beat POS

POS record so far - Played 3, Won 0, Lost 3